If my hens ate medicated feed are the eggs safe to eat?

Help Support CattleToday:

sheilad916

Reaction score
My hens ate some medicated chick starter feed. I fed it to my newly hattched bitties, and the hens have eaten some too. I wasn't sure if it is safe to consume the eggs from my hens after they ate medicated feed......anyone know anything about this?? any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I got the feed form my local co-op, it's called Chick Starter medicated.
The active drug ingredient is Bactiracin Methylene Disailcylate at 50 gr/ ton.
I've only fed maybe 2 of 3 pounds so far, but i don't want to separate chicks from hen, so hens have eaten some.

sheilad916":9umcemw9 said:
I've only fed maybe 2 of 3 pounds so far, but i don't want to separate chicks from hen, so hens have eaten some.

I have fed chick starter to hens and broilers and vice versa if I was running low on feed for one or the other. We have always eaten the eggs. Maybe thats what's wrong with me! :p

MistyMorning":2vu8s3cd said:
Maybe thats what's wrong with me! :p
I kind of doubt you can blame it all one that! Or maybe any of it for that matter.

MistyMorning":1mtwqoni said:
sheilad916":1mtwqoni said:

I have fed chick starter to hens and broilers and vice versa if I was running low on feed for one or the other. We have always eaten the eggs. Maybe thats what's wrong with me! :p
Gotta blame your condition on something else Misty. BMD does not transfer to the meat or the eggs. :lol2: :lol2:

Better watch yourself fellas. I hear she's scrawny and we all know how mean the scrawney ones can be. :shock: :cowboy:

Latest posts