if it's just on plain hard enough...

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
to make hay you got some dumb @$$ setting fires to bales in the area. Hitting almost everyone. FEw here few there, we are dry and it could get bad if the wind gets the fires the wrong way. the kicker is and this is crazy, not enough to kick in the hay insurance. Farming sucks right now.
can we tell how ticked i am yet? I'm a red headed irish female. And a dang temper to match.

rockridgecattle":zs0ydv9g said:
to make hay you got some dumb @$$ setting fires to bales in the area. Hitting almost everyone. FEw here few there, we are dry and it could get bad if the wind gets the fires the wrong way. the kicker is and this is crazy, not enough to kick in the hay insurance. Farming sucks right now.
can we tell how ticked i am yet? I'm a red headed irish female. And a dang temper to match.
when it gets dry.an hay is hard to find.the fire bugs start setting hay on fire.makes you very short tempered.thats why you dont want a yrs hay stacked in 1 place.because if it catches on fire all the hay is gone.

Probably a couple of teenagers out for kicks (sick little pucks). But if it's not look for some one who is selling hay. Improving their own market, so to say.

Either way it would be nice to catch them with your shotgun loaded with rock salt.

found out that two miles east of us there is a house that sells pot. and quite busy. they are on a direct to the higway past our bales. Bales are coming home sooner than expected

so the fire started back up and total 11 bales + some swaths of 2nd cut.
but we are not alone. One guy had two bales start on fire south of us and north of us a guy lost a hundred 2 piles of 50. All arson

How can you tell it was arson, and not spontaneous combustion, or from it heating up and starting to smolder? Maybe a little damp when made?

Just curious

steerhorn":3362kh03 said:
How can you tell it was arson, and not spontaneous combustion, or from it heating up and starting to smolder? Maybe a little damp when made?

Just curious

I suppose it's possible, but I've never heard of spontaneous combustion in round bales outside and that's what it sounds like they're losing. Factor in the number of people losing hay to fire and you know it's not spontaneous combustion.

We had a whacko pyro here this spring. Finally caught the idiot and he is in the clink where he belongs. Mamma and daddy have kept whacko out of prison for years and I think the judge was scared to take his normal payoff to keep him out since this time it seems he teed off the wrong people. Hopefully, by trial date we will also have a new judge on the bench and he will get to serve some real time - hopefully with the judge. ;-)

i guess the tracks in and out of the field, the foot marks in the grass were the first clues. next, not just us but three other farmers have been hit. One on the same road a month a go. And we just found out a pot house is a couple of miles from us and a direct link to a major highway down our road.

rockridgecattle":3ng4eeb4 said:
someone in a house who sells the wacky tobacky, as well as has late nighters that go along with it.

And they say there is no such thing as a dumb question. :oops: :oops: :dunce:

Jogeephus":2wlbzrfa said:
We had a whacko pyro here this spring. Finally caught the idiot and he is in the clink where he belongs. Mamma and daddy have kept whacko out of prison for years and I think the judge was scared to take his normal payoff to keep him out since this time it seems he teed off the wrong people. Hopefully, by trial date we will also have a new judge on the bench and he will get to serve some real time - hopefully with the judge. ;-)

If they do let him out just remember it's real easy for a known pyro to have an "accident" while setting a fire. ;-)

Jogeephus":1gy10nb8 said:
rockridgecattle":1gy10nb8 said:
someone in a house who sells the wacky tobacky, as well as has late nighters that go along with it.

And they say there is no such thing as a dumb question. :oops: :oops: :dunce:

Around here the meth heads & meth labs are the most dangerous. A few years ago a Providential breeze saved the lives & health of several neighbors and 50 head of our cattle when thieves tapped into an anhydrous tank and the hose burst.
Our nice, safe farming community is not so nice & safe anymore. :(

I agree with Bigbull, Don't put all your hay in one place. Also, if I lost 100 bales the shotgun would not be loaded with rock salt. That much hay is a lot of money to me. :)

Paul54":2u6dw67b said:
I agree with Bigbull, Don't put all your hay in one place. Also, if I lost 100 bales the shotgun would not be loaded with rock salt. That much hay is a lot of money to me. :)

Yeah he had better hope the cops caught him first, because around here he'd probably never be found again... Course in TX we shoot and ask questions later! :) Least that's my policy! :) OL JR :)