Ideas for cool recipes for up coming event.

Help Support CattleToday:

OwnedByTheCow

Reaction score
So my 4-H puts together a favorite foods festival every year and this year with the new gluten free issue at my house I would like to try something new and different. Does anyone have some good recipes? The options are Appetizers, Main dish, and Desserts?

OwnedByTheCow":egnv1mjq said:
So my 4-H puts together a favorite foods festival every year and this year with the new gluten free issue at my house I would like to try something new and different. Does anyone have some good recipes? The options are Appetizers, Main dish, and Desserts?
I don't know any gluten free recipes.

About 10 yrs ago, way before gluten was a household word, i quit eating most things high in gluten. I didnt recognize these things being high in gluten, i just knew when i ate them i had terrible digestion problem, mainly bloating and heartburn. Fixed it some, but not totally. I then started eliminating other things with no help. One day i did not drink my daily 12 oz can of soda. Later in the day i realized, hey i dont have the terrible pains like i always do at that time. What it was, was the one can of soda i had earlier in the day. Things would get worse depending on what i ate that day, hours after i had to soda so i was unable to connect the soda to the pain. Wheat products were the worst. I can now eat things with gluten without the horrible pains later on in the day because i quit drinking soda. There are very few people who dont drink soda or anything with carbonation and not that i'm saying this pertains to your situation, but i know it does to many people who blame it on gluten...soda is poison. Dr Pepper was my fav and at one time i couldnt imagine not drinking it. I replaced it with coffee. Been soda free for over 8 years and i've never felt better and i eat whatever the heck i want.

Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan

1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
1 1/2 c. Canned tomato sauce
1t. Oregano
1 t. Basil
1/2 c. Shredded cheese
Salt and pepper

Preheat broiler. Line baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Set aside. Place eggplant in even layers on baking pan. Spray with oil and sprinkle with salt. Broil eggplant for 7 minutes or until browned, flip, broil 5 minutes. Meanwhile, measure out sauce, stir in oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. In baking dish layer: 1/2 c. Sauce, 1/2 eggplant, 1/4 c. cheese, 1/2 eggplant, 1/2 c. sauce, 1/4 c. Cheese. Bake 375 degrees for 25 min.or until done.

Copied from new cookbook First Baptist Church Fitzgerald, GA

Gluten Free Yellow Rice

2tsp. oil
2 T chopped shallot
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 1/2 c. rice, well rinsed
2 1/4 c. chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. turmeric

Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; saute until just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add rice, broth, salt, and turmeric. Bring rice to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.

Copied from A Cookbook From Our Heart To Yours First Baptist Church Fitzgerald, GA

Latest posts