I think it's time I let my secret out

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Meet Mocha and Deedee. I know I was talking about getting a dog, but me and mom had a long discussion and decided that it's not quite time to get one yet. But I'm promising myself someday I will...after university's done...so those that were supporting me in getting a dog, please don't be mad or disappointed...

Anyway, these two have quite the stories behind them..

Sleeping together...Mocha's the big one, and Deedee's the kitten

View attachment 1
And there they are again.

Mocha was found by a couple along a road...he was very thin, poor thing, but really friendly in that he didn't run away when they picked him up. They kept him only as far as to see how he'd far with the other cat they had, and only put money on him to have him neutered. Apparently, he didn't get along with the other cat the couple had, but I think it was because of the fact he was still in his "survival" mode where he was still in the mind set of competition with food, and that he gets very territorial. So they had to take him to the vet's, where I was working for the summer, where there was a possibility he could find a good home. He's part Ragdoll, which explains his easy-going attitude and love for attention. He was about 9 months old when we got him (a month ago). Mom's said that he's gained weight a lot since he came home to his new home, and growing like a weed, and when he arrived on his first day home, he settled in beautifully, obviously appreciating the chance to stretch his legs from being in a cage for a few weeks. He's one spoiled kitty now, that's fur sure. ;-)

Deedee, she's what you would call a "mutt" kitten like Button and Spider. She was found in a box by the highway with 8 others, all very hungry, and demanding attention...except for her. She was the shyest of all the kittens, and kept to herself in her shell for quite a while. When I first met her she'd just sit there with her eyes shut in a corner of the cage while her litter mates were at the cage door meowing for attention. It took her a good couple months for her to come out of her shell; always when someone'd be feeding or changing blankets and water bottles, she'd go and hide in the cardboard box we provided for them to play in and around, and she'd hate being picked up and held...she still does. But, me and mom decided we'd take her home and provide a home for her, because we thought that we'd provide the good home she needs to fully come out of her shell. Sure enough, she did. At first, on her first day home, she'd rip and tear around the addition, probably a bit confused and a little scared, yet perhaps relieved of the chance to stretch her legs and let out her pent-up energy. She didn't come near though, she did once, but then went streaking behind the couch again. Took her a couple hours for her to finally get the courage to come up and accept a stroke, next thing I knew she was entwining herself around my legs and meowing for more attention! Then she'd go off and play a little bit, then she'd go near Mom and do the same thing. It took her only a couple days for her to fully settle in and accept her new home. And she's become a spoiled little brat too! :lol:

Now, it was quite funny the way her and Mocha got along. Deedee was the only one that hissed at him the first couple times, and he'd only growl at her if he felt uncomfortable with her being too close or if she stepped on his sore paws by accident (he had been declawed a couple weeks ago before he first came home). It took them a few days for them to become best buds, because when they did, they'd start playing games with each other, chasing each other around the house, then getting into little wrestling matches. Then they'd curl up with each other when they'd be tired out. Deedee's always the culprit for getting Mocha into games of tag or wrestling matches, and those two always provided a lot of entertainment, often better than what was on TV! :lol2: :lol2:

Very cute AB , I love the tabby , reminds me of the Kit Cat when he was little..

Why people dump cats like they are garbage annoys me to no end.. :mad: MTRIH.......

Good for you and your mom for taking them in. I am sure they are going to have the best lives a cat can have now. :)

pretty kitties!

Little un looks like a cat we had growing up. We called her Cleopatra..and she is STILL alive! She lives with my mother. she is 17 years old..we found her back behind our house as a kitten.

You have a couple cute kitties there. Glad they became friends.

grannysoo":19gd01ll said:
Nothing wrong with a good cat or two. They taste just like chicken...

LOL, my DH threatens to throw my in/outdoor cat in to the river (then turns around and lets her lick out his ice cream bowl ;) )

My cat died 1 week to the day of my neighbors husband. My cat liked the neighbors husband more than anyone & rode shot gun on his lap with his dog on the electric wheelchair. My daughter called & asked if she could pick out 1 kitten at her friends house. I told her yes just 1. She came home with a box & asked me to open it. There sat 5 little black kittens with yellow eyes. I said , " Five OMG what is wrong with you child " We now have 4 cause I ran over one. They are all inbreeds & dumb as dirt but cute & sweet. I named them Magic, Tinkerbell, Blue & Lovey

104_0481.jpg

irish":331uxpar said:
My cat died 1 week to the day of my neighbors husband. My cat liked the neighbors husband more than anyone & rode shot gun on his lap with his dog on the electric wheelchair. My daughter called & asked if she could pick out 1 kitten at her friends house. I told her yes just 1. She came home with a box & asked me to open it. There sat 5 little black kittens with yellow eyes. I said , " Five OMG what is wrong with you child " We now have 4 cause I ran over one. They are all inbreeds & dumb as dirt but cute & sweet. I named them Magic, Tinkerbell, Blue & Lovey

104_0481.jpg

Great pic! Cute babies...of course you kept them all. Good on you...

Alice

Karin,

Beautiful kitties! I know they're a permanent fixture in your heart. :)

Alice

I kept them all & have had ppl ask if they could have one & I said hell no thems my babies. Now I have had some ass drop another kitten off on my door. We named her nono she is funny looking but the only male I have has taken up with her. They are sweet together. My husband is not to happy but we do not care

Karin, I love all animals and we have a very special cat...but be warned...cats don't really have personalities.....only "attitudes". :lol: :lol:

Latest posts