I think 18 kids is enough

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I heard a news report today that a family in Arkansas is having baby #18 soon, they have 17 kids so farm, all have names starting with J, the eldest is 20 the youngest is 10 months-who on earth would want to have that many kids?

GMN

GMN":30t0g8nm said:
I heard a news report today that a family in Arkansas is having baby #18 soon, they have 17 kids so farm, all have names starting with J, the eldest is 20 the youngest is 10 months-who on earth would want to have that many kids?

GMN

Who can afford that many kids?

KNERSIE":37gcoi30 said:
GMN":37gcoi30 said:

GMN

Who can afford that many kids?

When I first read about that, I asked myself the same question...who can afford it! Apparently they have a reality type show on maybe the Discovery Channel, or one of those channels. That might help pay some of the bills, I guess.

Alice

holy sheet!!! I bet they don't send them all to day care. Imagin that bill!

It is hard enough for a family of 4 just to get by with the essentials and a few nice things. Can't imagine the monthly grocery bill with 18 kids.

Heck I have a hard enough time remembering my two kids names let alone 18. Good lord Id be like come here come here you! What's your name again?

I think they said they had several pair of twins, also, so i guess at least the Mom didn't have to be pregnant 18 times, but geez, they must just fall out of her now-ya think?

GMN

who wants 18 kids? heck think of having 17 brothers and sisters?? my 1 sister is about 1 too many half the time. i kinda feel bad for the oldest. being the older sibiling i know what kind of responsibilities come with it, but i couldnt imagine having to help look after 17 others. and what kind of woman wants to birth 18 children?? and then pay for them. this is beyond me......

baxter - i still havnt figured out how my dad gets me and my sisters names mixed up. were are completly 100% opposite. it kinda annoys me actually. . .

i know who your talking about.an as far as i know they dont take gov help.an yes they do have a herd of kids.i like watching their show on TLC.its a very intresting how they handle an raise that herd of kids.took them 2yrs to build their new house.paying for everything as they go.using only outside labor to finish it up.

Okay, my first thought is how she manages to keep her insides inside anymore. :oops:

I delivered my youngest at home with a midwife. My midwife had seven kids of her own. She homeschooled them, (another topic that you really should not get me started on...) and this is what I discovered from being around her:

The older ones raise the younger ones. I am sure that's what's going on in that household, as well. I don't know if she's attempting to homeschool or not, but I am sure that she has that household running like a well oiled machine. She has to, because I am sure that once she gets past that second trimester, sump'in gonna fall outa her if she stands up. :help:

I think it is kinda selfish, but that's just me. I do good to keep up with the two I have. One of them just told me that there is a sports banquet in one and one half hours. First time I'd heard of it. :mad:

I don't think that the Discovery Channel should pay that much attention to these folks. If they choose to have two dozen, then that's their business. People only tune in so they can watch the freak show.

The folks next door have 13. Youngest is about a year and ahalf. The worst part is that the dad is 60.

[quote

baxter - i still havnt figured out how my dad gets me and my sisters names mixed up. were are completly 100% opposite. it kinda annoys me actually. . .[/quote]

I always wondered that too, my Grandma use to do that all the time with us kids, I just wrote it off too older age.

GMN

At first I thought this was going to be about goats! :lol2: After reading GMN's original post, the following quote by cattleuvr18 about sums things up for me! :nod:

cattleluvr18":26blllmo said:
and what kind of woman wants to birth 18 children?? and then pay for them. this is beyond me......

GMN":3rc0cqi8 said:
I always wondered that too, my Grandma use to do that all the time with us kids, I just wrote it off too older age.

My grandma will go through the list of names including all cousins until she finds the right one. She has even used the dogs name before remembering mine. A couple years ago we had a get-together for mothers day. The whole family including my grandpa put name tags on. She was so mad she didn't even use names she just pointed!

My parents had two boys and two girls and I grew up being called my sister's name. She's eleven years older than me. I was in first grade and she was in 12th. All her teachers called me Peggy. All MY teachers called me Peggy, cause they had been her teachers, too.

I only have two kids and I call them by the wrong names... :help:

Mom occasionally calls my sister "John". PO's my sis. "You never call John by my name." Heck I have called the daughter by my sis name, so it evens out. As they say, "just don't call me late for dinner".

When I first read about that, I asked myself the same question...who can afford it! Apparently they have a reality type show on maybe the Discovery Channel, or one of those channels. That might help pay some of the bills, I guess.

I hope the show is a dismal failure! If its not, Paris Hilton will be back on TV pushing out rug rats trying to outdo them on their ratings. After her last failed hollywood debut, I wouldn't put it past her.

I don't know how someone could raise this many children and keep their sanity. Its hard enough with three. Then there is college - of course if you marry your first cousin odds are your kids won't be going to college but will be able to play a mean banjo. ;-)

THere was 18 kids and a bunch of dogs a house full of chickens and a yard full of hogs. Spent the summer time cutting up logs for the winter. Trying like the devil to find the lord working like well you know for my room and board. Coal burnin stove no natural gas if that aint country they can kiss my arse.

Latest posts