I think 18 kids is enough

Help Support CattleToday:

baxter78-2":1pnkmqpk said:
THere was 18 kids and a bunch of dogs a house full of chickens and a yard full of hogs. Spent the summer time cutting up logs for the winter. Trying like the devil to find the lord working like well you know for my room and board. Coal burnin stove no natural gas if that aint country they can kiss my arse.

Bet it took some real ingenuity to be able to conceive that 18th one with 17 others in the house. Apparently they had a privacy plan that worked.

I use to have a neighbor family that had twelve children. They lived in a small house that was a converted two car garage. There were two bedrooms. Boys shared one, girls the other. Each bedroom was eight foot sq. with a closet. The closet had shelves where the children slept. The parents slept in the small living room. They heated there home with a wood burning stove. They were poor but would not ever think of welfare handouts. The church offered to build an addition on there home free of charge. They were to proud to accept. They were good honest god fearing people. I am proud to have had the privilege to have known them. Tom :cboy:

Kerley, probably great folks but just seems a bit irresponsible to have a family larger than you can afford housing for especially if you have too much pride to accept subsidized housing or something along that line. None of my business....just an opinion and you know what they say about those :)

kerley":n56i831e said:
Texasbread, I forgot to tell you, They are Mormans. Tom :cboy: :cboy:

Oh well what the heck. Some of us Catholics have families that look like football squads. And folks talk about how hard they worked back in the old days. :lol: :lol:

Grandad always said "If there hadn't been 11, I wouldn't be here". He was #11 of 13. Great-grandma was a woman of steel, I'm told. Married at 15 (he was 16) and the children all ended up owning some land.
I have a lot of cousins.
And that is the protestant side of the family. I haven't even mentioned the Catholic side.
But yes, 18 is more than I could deal with.
I once dated a gal from a family of at least 11. She said "Until I married, I didn't know it was possible to sleep alone."

GMN":1u7stjvo said:
I heard a news report today that a family in Arkansas is having baby #18 soon, they have 17 kids so farm, all have names starting with J, the eldest is 20 the youngest is 10 months-who on earth would want to have that many kids?

GMN
What kind of feller would want to ruin his personal playground with that many kids? :shock:

dun":28zvvlst said:
The folks next door have 13. Youngest is about a year and ahalf. The worst part is that the dad is 60.

Hey Dun See if you can find out what he's takin for vitamins.

3waycross":wxmzxhwl said:
dun":wxmzxhwl said:
The folks next door have 13. Youngest is about a year and ahalf. The worst part is that the dad is 60.

I kind of think "Just because the old buck runs with the young does, that don;t make him Bambi".

Hey Dun See if you can find out what he's takin for vitamins.[/quote]

I kind of think "Just because the old buck runs with the young does, that don;t make him Bambi".[/quote]

It also doesn't make him Bambi's father either.
;-)

3waycross":14norals said:
dun":14norals said:

3-Way..don't know what they call them but they taste sort of like chocolate. :banana:

TexasBred":28a6sq5c said:
3waycross":28a6sq5c said:
dun":28a6sq5c said:

3-Way..don't know what they call them but they taste sort of like chocolate. :banana:
UUUMMMMM----HE doesn't have to do nothin but oncet a year :lol2:

Husband in protestant family says: "those catolics next door have like twenty kids and we have two, they get one every time they do it!"
Wife in protestant family: "so do we"

Latest posts