I saw this ad

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
Anybody see anything wrong with the ad ?

6yo gray mare that is 14.3, big boned, and stout. Cutter broke, big stop, and gritty. Have used her to doctor cows in wheat fields, head, heel, and started correct on the pattern. Has a long stride and big motor. But put a kid on her and she becomes a babysitter. UTD on everything. Selling only do to financial reasons. Located in Seguin, TX $3,500 obo. Need her gone

cross_7":3asb541h said:

6yo gray mare that is 14.3, big boned, and stout. Cutter broke, big stop, and gritty. Have used her to doctor cows in wheat fields, head, heel, and started correct on the pattern. Has a long stride and big motor. But put a kid on her and she becomes a babysitter. UTD on everything. Selling only do to financial reasons. Located in Seguin, TX $3,500 obo. Need her gone

Not sure. Is it cows in a wheat field?

cross_7":27x1xw58 said:

More? If she were mine and that good I would do all I could to keep that little miracle.

If you are looking for a grammar mis-spell, it should be 6 yr. instead of 6 yo. or it is something else you see?

I'm just thinking, if she is all that great, why do we need her gone. Instead, I might word that part differently. Need her gone, sounds like getting rid of.

cowboy43":d87vbi9e said:
If you are looking for a grammar mis-spell, it should be 6 yr. instead of 6 yo. or it is something else you see?
YO is usually used as an abbreviation for Year Old, buch like BW, WW, YW, etc

cross_7":7bycq4kb said:

A little over the top for a horse add. If she is that great $3500 is too cheap. Also Cutter and kid never belong in the same horse add for me.

Isomade":2e31p3vw said:
cross_7":2e31p3vw said:

A little over the top for a horse add. If she is that great $3500 is too cheap. Also Cutter and kid never belong in the same horse add for me.

I was asking if it was just me or was this an over the top sales job

If I understand it right, this is a cutting trained horse, a barrel horse, a head horse, a heel horse, kid safe,
and they doctor their "cows" on wheat "fields". That a heck of a lot of horse for 3500.00
But they want her gone :???:

Maybe they skipped over: barn sour, cold backed, hard mouth run away, and colics easy.

Just because they have done all that doesn't mean she's good at it. Just tried a lot of stuff and spent a lot of $$ before they realized she was a no good SOB

Jake":9516n0li said:
Just because they have done all that doesn't mean she's good at it. Just tried a lot of stuff and spent a lot of $$ before they realized she was a no good SOB

All they need is the cliché "she has her whole live a head of her" and maybe a pic of someone standing up on her beck.
That seems to be the way all the others do it.
I especially like the ads that's says they have a good "neck rein"
Then post a video of them with their head pulled up in their lap and yanking them around like a plow horse

Bigfoot":3ah1ffh1 said:
Maybe they skipped over: barn sour, cold backed, hard mouth run away, and colics easy.

You forgot stifled, shinbucked and foundered :lol2:

3waycross":1rjyct94 said:
Bigfoot":1rjyct94 said:

You forgot stifled, shinbucked and foundered :lol2:

And bites, will kick you, hates the farrier and chews all walls.

A little off post, but a friend of mine once bought a horse where the owner stated "he don't look too good but he sure rides nice"
Well, the horse was a little thin and a little long haired but he did ride really nice.
Wasn't until the second ride after he brought him home that my friend realized the horse was dam near blind.
"Don't look too good."

OR... she's not bad at all and you need to go take a look. :D I bought my current "go to" horse for $1,500 off craigslist and the ad was pretty similar. When I got there and talked to the owner it turned out he was a roper and she wasn't quite big enough to be a head horse for him... She was doing it anyway, just not as well as he wanted. I would kill to have a bunch more like her. She's just what I need. She can go from pinned ears sorting to kid gentle in seconds and is cool headed when the SHTF. The owner didn't have papers in hand but got them for me after the sale and she is Poco Bueno bred on both sides. :D I'd have never found her if I didn't go glace at her because the ad was just like the rest of them.
On the other hand, the $5,000 gelding that was supposed to be the answer to my prayers(bought by word of mouth) is a complete waste of my time. I sent him to a buddy of mine that ropes in hopes he can turn him into an arena horse because he'll never make it on my ranch.

When I was younger I bought 2 yo poco bueno bred stud colt
He was a mean little bastage
He was about 14 hands and as wide and thick as he was tall
He'd bite, kick, paw any chance he got, but he got better but I never did trust him
I didn't know it was possible to be kicked while in the saddle but dang sure did
He never did offer to pitch, liked to work and was quick as a cat. He was beginning to make a handy little horse, but I sold him and never did hear back how he turned out

Latest posts