I often wonder

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I have thought what happens in the big cities in this country when something upsets the house of cards they are use to? Lots of people with only a few days worth of food in their house. Not only the means to support themselves but lacking in the knowledge of how to cope. This little flash of cold weather in a region that doesn't get cold weather serves as a stark example. People who live, work, and play in the outdoors are struggling with something outside the norm. How do people who are use to having everything available at their finger tips survive when those resources are simply not there? It is pretty scary if you think about it.

There are people who can make chicken salad out of chickens*$# and some that will starve to death if it doesn't have a fork in it to eat it with.

I tend to agree with all the comments, but @Dave has a point. I belong to another forum of "homesteader types" and we constantly talk about being prepared.... SOOOO many today do not have a clue and have no one to learn from. They are 3-4 generations removed from any type of self sufficiency. Sadly, the gov doesn't encourage anyone to be more self sufficient because then they lose what control they can exert......and yes, they will die or become even more dependant and that in turn fosters more lazy, "OMG I can't do this, POOR ME", attitudes. And there are the ones that said, I busted my butt and did so and so and I am not going to do it anymore... or they don't want their kids/grandkids to have to "struggle".....

I'm on another forum that is primarily, or so I thought, self supporting hunters and independence loving Americans. I was shocked to see one guy complain with this Texas ice storm and rolling blackouts that we live in a 3rd world country because he lost electricity for 3 days. He went on complaining and after that every response he posted was "yeah, well we live in a 3rd world country". My response was we do not live in a 3rd world country and everyone knew this storm was coming and we all talked about how to prepare and to get ready for power outages for a week in advance. And the irony - the fact that he was using wireless technology to post.

I told him to man up. We live in the greatest country on the planet and we are the greatest that ever existed. I am so sick of people running our country down.

There cannot be independence without self dependence.

Latest posts