I need help shopping for a pistol

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama

Reaction score
I need a pistol that I can wear in a small holster on my belt. I was thinking a .38 or a .35 auto that is light and not get in my way while working. What brand and what size?

Ruger has the SP101 in 357 Mag, a J-frame Smith or the equivilent Taurus in 38 would be lighter.

Brute 23":3fcs5zrt said:
Go to a gun shop and tell them what you are looking for. See, touch, maybe shoot before you buy.

Excellent suggestion!

I bought a 9MM smith and wesson auto compact with a 10 round clip. When I get through with the goverment waiting period I will let you know how it shoots.
I thought it was a one day wait but in my case he said that the goverment said I had to wait 6 days. What is up with that?

I really like the Ruger SP101 but if you have the extra cash on hand I would suggest something in an air-weight series. As others have stated personal fit will out-weigh any suggestions you will find here.

3fifty7":2azus6n9 said:
I really like the Ruger SP101 but if you have the extra cash on hand I would suggest something in an air-weight series. As others have stated personal fit will out-weigh any suggestions you will find here.
I agree with this. The best gun is the one you have at hand when you need it. The one you have will probably be the one you are most comfortable with.

to bad you werent closer, I have a couple I dont need anymore, Colts. I really like the Diamond back that I have. fits just about anywhere,

Wilson builds a fine pistol, complete with a fine (high) price. You might want to look at Kimber also. Their custom shop builds an incredible pistol.

Angus/Brangus":31fdgj83 said:
alabama":31fdgj83 said:
I need a pistol that I can wear in a small holster on my belt. I was thinking a .38 or a .35 auto that is light and not get in my way while working. What brand and what size?

Alabama, Wilson Combat Arms makes a .45 that weighs in at only 40 oz. and they have an accuracy guarantee of 1" at 25 yards.

http://www.wilsoncombat .com

You absolutely want one you can hit with, otherwise you might as well throw firecrackes.