I just noticed: Traditional vs. Non-Traditional Ranching

Help Support CattleToday:

I believe that maybe progressive and non-progressive would be the proper terms. What is traditional in one area is not in another. The fact of the matter is that in order to survive people in agriculture have evolved ( progressive). Those that have not evolved (non-progressive) sell the ranch or farm and get a 9-5 in town. There are different strokes for different folks, as long as you are making a sustainable living you have somehting to add to anyone's operation. Those that can, do; those that can't teach. Don't get me wrong I know some guys that teach that are succesful, but I sure see a lot of them that say when my family had a ranch. If they were so damn good at it, why did they have to sell it. Just my thoughts.

LazyARanch":wxpfsf1x said:
grannysoo":wxpfsf1x said:
hillsdown":wxpfsf1x said:
I do not know who Ed(?) is preaching to on here. Who the h@ll is he calling out ????

So back to Ed. Where's the website with beef for sale? Where's the pics of those fine cows you're raising? Where's the pics of that fine grazing land? Where's the beef Ed? Where's the beef???

quote]

Grannysoo, do you look anything like Clara Peller?? hehe :lol2:

Who knows. I just know for sure that I don't shave my legs or wear pantyhose. I probably can be just as grumpy however.........

Cattle are here to eat grass,I am a grass farmer, I use alittle lime but very little fer...modo seams to woke well as fer....If you feed hay, again grass, you are putting fer. from a outside source on the farm..I also use freely coop bag minerial,cattle do well on it, and it puts all kinds of minerals back to the ground....If I had to use grain often( like of 07, ) I would cut head or get out of raising cattle..But 08 and 09 has produced the best grass every on the old broke down cotton farm of mine...Wonderful clover even now....What we all should know and understand is THAT WE ARE GRASS FARMERS, without it you could not raise beef....Grain is unnatural for cattle to eat ,Grain is a fairly modern invention(mass Production), that is not good for cattle nor humans alike.....

in summer the cows get grass.an after the 1st killing frost they get hay.an very little feed except to pen an sort the calves.an im raising 2 reg beefmaster bulls strictly on grass.the bulls havent had any feed at all.

Latest posts