I just found out ......

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
I just found out that my hay has won 2nd place in it class (cool seanson grass) at the 2007 Hay contst at Sunbelt Expo in Moultrie GA. I plan on being that the Expo 3 days next week.

This is the MaxQ Fescue that I have posted pictures of several times.It has an RFQ score of 135. I may have to sell severals of these round bales to the horse folks around here.

Nowland Farms":3oyneaj4 said:
I just found out that my hay has won 2nd place in it class (cool seanson grass) at the 2007 Hay contst at Sunbelt Expo in Moultrie GA. I plan on being that the Expo 3 days next week.

This is the MaxQ Fescue that I have posted pictures of several times.It has an RFQ score of 135. I may have to sell severals of these round bales to the horse folks around here.

I was wondering how you came out in this.

Thanks for letting us know.

Yes,

My understanding is that the top 3 winners in each class will have a small sample on display on tables somewhere in the Beef Pravilion.

Nowland Farms":2wani089 said:
Yes,

My understanding is that the top 3 winners in each class will have a small sample on display on tables somewhere in the Beef Pravilion.

Will they be serving some in a bowl with milk and sugar? ;-)

Congratulations. I plan on being there too. Its a good thing and well worth the trip. If you will be sure to be there on the last day you can normally pick up some neat stuff cheap since the vendors don't usually like to carry it home with them. You might want to bring a trailer if you are needing anything.

congratulations Nowland.

yeah i normally try to go one day since i live there and all but i dont always go every year. i too like to go on the last day, less people, cheaper stuff.

Good job, Rod.

I'd bet that a little bump of nitrogen at the right time would have put you in first place.

Rod
Is this Max-Q fescue the new forage fescue that is suppose yield like alfalfa/clover mix?

Latest posts