I fell like being abused-Bull pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
This is my bull I have used for the last three yrs, he's a 4 yr old, I'll sell him after he covers the cows this yr. Very nice hiefer bull, easy calves. Pics taken this morning just on pasture for last 4 to 6 weeks. Honest thoughts... let me have it. :D
Alan

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

:) Good looking bull, I can't tell if it's just the way he is standing or if he has a little too much angle in his back legs. Obviously he produces good calves or you wouldn't have used him for three years, Clem.

Good looking bull. He needs to find another home with a set of cows when you are ready to sell him.

Honestly, He looks like a breeder thats about all. Send a pic of his calves.

mnmt

nice bull,if he is only 4 yr old and sound he needs another set of cows to take care of,black angus cows and your bull put visions of black baldes in my head ;-) :cboy:

jbar":2ids6sze said:
nice bull,if he is only 4 yr old and sound he needs another set of cows to take care of,black angus cows and your bull put visions of black baldes in my head ;-) :cboy:

Even better! That bull on my brangus girls to make super baldies.

Thanks for the positive response, I always felt he was light in the hip.

Alan

First thing I really like about him is that he stays in with only a two strand electric fence!!! I agree and hope he gets to have a couple more years of breeding.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2m1mmsh8 said:
srr if you look again real close you will see that is a 3 strand electric fence. Just so you know

Saw that the first time but if you look at the post there are only two insulaters. Must be a running wire or such cant be live.

S.R.R.":3769x61v said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3769x61v said:
srr if you look again real close you will see that is a 3 strand electric fence. Just so you know

Saw that the first time but if you look at the post there are only two insulaters. Must be a running wire or such cant be live.

The fence you are looking at is the fence line between the neighbors place and ours. The top two wires are hot and the bottom one is not, on the other three sides has only one strand of hot. Please tell me most young bulls won't stay in with one very hot wire. :eek: Like a yearling Angus?

Alan

rwtherefords":3dui9iw4 said:
How about his registration # so we can see what his EPD's look like?

OTR 53H MILESTONE 27M (P42400428)

CE- 0.8
BW- 3.8
WW- 37
YW- 62
MM- 14
M&G- 32

Thanks again,
Alan

Alan":17zfxtfn said:
S.R.R.":17zfxtfn said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":17zfxtfn said:

The fence you are looking at is the fence line between the neighbors place and ours. The top two wires are hot and the bottom one is not, on the other three sides has only one strand of hot. Please tell me most young bulls won't stay in with one very hot wire. :eek: Like a yearling Angus?

Alan

You said it right a VERY HOT wire. One of my bulls took to walking through my hot fence a while back. I had to fork out 5 bills to get a much stronger charger but once I did he touched it once and that was it!! :shock: :shock:

mnmtranching":1fddmy52 said:
Honestly, He looks like a breeder thats about all. Send a pic of his calves.

mnmt
he looks like a breeder and that's all..... ive seen lots of breeder's on this site and in most every pasture. some that dont need too be . so where would you categorize this one

I don't know about Allan; but I usually have the bottom wire not "live" in a simple electric fence. Around here grass and bushy weeds will come up real fast and ground out any low wire; but I don't want animals grazing up under the fence either.

Latest posts