I-69 Trans Texas Corridor

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady":19lrycww said:
It will happen I'm sure, just a matter of time and a lot of red tape. We also deal with it here in the Waco area, as the proposed route is south of here. My last understanding was it had been "narrowed" down to a 10 acre strip, but like you, I haven't found a detailed map that you could really see the detail accurately.

I agree that it's a bad thing to have to face if you're in it's path. You will be compensated, and for more than market value, but I realize if you are not willing to sell, the price won't matter.

Everyone complains about stuff like this.. new roadways, subdivisions, industry, taking up farm and ranch land. But on the flip side, with all the PEOPLE here, what's to be done? Has anyone driven in Austin lately? Dallas? The traffic is horrendous, and only going to get worse every year, as more and more people have to drive places.

There isn't a good solution for stuff like this. It's progress, and progress has to be made to facilitate the world as it changes.

If the 12 million illegals were thrown out sure would relieve a lot of the problem.

Crowderfarms":sltdhktx said:
This corridor is nothing short of a way to put us out of business with Central and South American competition in the market place.Boils my Blood.
The entire system is designed to benefit individual investors. It will cut out all local trade, take your land, increase trade with foreign nations, cause more US outsourceing.
Chinja has already taken over a large portion of our manufactureing. The next step is giving the rest to Mexico.
How long can we afford to be a nation of consumers? How many more jobs can we afford to loose to foreign nations?
This entire project is about money for hand picked individuals. That money will come out of your pocket.

novatech":3bb58fst said:
Crowderfarms":3bb58fst said:
This corridor is nothing short of a way to put us out of business with Central and South American competition in the market place.Boils my Blood.
The entire system is designed to benefit individual investors. It will cut out all local trade, take your land, increase trade with foreign nations, cause more US outsourceing.
Chinja has already taken over a large portion of our manufactureing. The next step is giving the rest to Mexico.
How long can we afford to be a nation of consumers? How many more jobs can we afford to loose to foreign nations?
This entire project is about money for hand picked individuals. That money will come out of your pocket.

It is actually more than one corridor they also plan to take Hwy 69 to tie in Beaumont to the corridor as well.

milesvb":1w7ruz96 said:
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has formally begun a massive public relations and public reeducation effort in an aggressive and expensive attempt to stem the chorus of objections voiced thus far over the Trans Texas Corridor (TTC).
They start off spending your tax dollars on propaganda they want to shove down your throat.
What they do not tell you is that when you get on their privately owned toll way they have a monopoly on every dime you need to spend on the way. Fuel, food, towing, etc will profit those private investors and pad the pockets of the politicians involved. It will take away income currently being produced throughout the path. All profits will funnel to the pockets of others. It is designed to be a monopoly, PERIOD Investors are not investing to just make your life better.

The whole thing last night was practically a joke. There were somewhere in the amount of 1500 +- people there and that was the closest I've ever been to such a "political" meeting. They just sat up there looking board and disinterested while citizens poured their hearts out. It was really sickening. There was a guy there up on stage from El Paso area that was a total donkey's rear end. His name is Ted Doughterthy or something close to that. I've never been face to face with politicians but I sure do realize why people say what they do about them. sad, sad, sad.

Sorry to hear that Sidney, been there concerning the Missouri River Monument. Alot of guys woke up and found their land was in the boundaries and too d*mn bad. Went to the meetings and wrote letters, they just went ahead and did it. Had two of our three elected officials against it, still didn't help.
I have contacted our one, now, who has the guts to stand up and say No, and he wanted to know why it concerned me. Response, "Because it takes land away from the owners and it will affect the American farmer and rancher." He is concerned too.
When did the voice of the people come to mean so little to the elected officals who are suppose to do what is best for them and this country?

I don't understand.............................

Eisenhower met the same opposition as you people are voicing when he proposed the "Interstate Highway" system back in the 50's.

Was he wrong?

MikeC":240zsjw8 said:

Eisenhower met the same opposition as you people are voicing when he proposed the "Interstate Highway" system back in the 50's.

Was he wrong?

Mike,
Go read about the TransTexas Corridor on the Corridorwatch website. It ain't the Interstate System.

milesvb":1yu1pdwz said:
MikeC":1yu1pdwz said:

Was he wrong?

Mike,
Go read about the TransTexas Corridor on the Corridorwatch website. It ain't the Interstate System.

The "Corridorwatch" website is obviously biased against it. Please point me towards an objective view. Thanks.

Mike; this is not the government building a highway. This is private enterprise. When you get on they own you. You buy their food their fuel follow their rules. If you break down it is their tow truck. All at their price. It is like going to a movie an having to pay $2.50 for a cold drink. This private enterprise will take away personnel land, cut out the use of all businesses trying to make a living in the are. At present all vehicles traveling from point A to point B spend money along the way for various reasons. It is a gain for the people all along the way. When the toll way is finished it takes away the income that was once there. All the profits are going to the investors. It is my understanding that those investors are not even US citizens.
Eisenhower's highways helped US commerce. This tollway is designed to bring goods in from Mexico. A major difference.

MikeC":14a57zy5 said:
milesvb":14a57zy5 said:
MikeC":14a57zy5 said:

Was he wrong?

Mike,

The "Corridorwatch" website is obviously biased against it. Please point me towards an objective view. Thanks.

You won't find much of an objective view anywhere. If you want the "opposite" view go to TxDOT's website and read their b.s.

novatech":3gocjsjm said:
Mike; this is not the government building a highway. This is private enterprise. When you get on they own you. You buy their food their fuel follow their rules. If you break down it is their tow truck. All at their price. It is like going to a movie an having to pay $2.50 for a cold drink. This private enterprise will take away personnel land, cut out the use of all businesses trying to make a living in the are. At present all vehicles traveling from point A to point B spend money along the way for various reasons. It is a gain for the people all along the way. When the toll way is finished it takes away the income that was once there. All the profits are going to the investors. It is my understanding that those investors are not even US citizens.
Eisenhower's highways helped US commerce. This tollway is designed to bring goods in from Mexico. A major difference.

In addition to the above the corridor is designed for limited access. Those that front on the corridor will have no access to it except at limited toll points. It is designed on grade so any other county roads, F.M. Highways etc. will have to overpass it. It will not ease congestion or overcrowding on our conventional highways or in our cities. That is not what it is designed for. I've made TxDOT meetings. I've spoken with the folks who founded Corridorwatch. I've been to the Capitol. I've seen nothing to convince me that this is little other than what novatech described in his second to last sentence. Oh, and it is designed to generate revenue for the state and the politicians that are ramming it down our throats.

Gov. Perry is on a kick with toll roads right now. Just about all new hiway construction around here is going to be toll road. I know that do that sort of thing in other states, but this is Texas, and we ain't used to it.

Yes, my understanding is that there are only limited offramps on the corridor. Towns that depend on trucks for revenue, like Abbot, Hillsboro and West, in this area, will be left high and dry.

I was kinda thinking that the only good thing to come out of this whole mess might be that traffic on I-35 might get better. Maybe not.

lammie i went to one of the public meetings, it just made me madder, they have maps, and all these boards set up and people there to talk, they really dont tell ya much, just mumbo jumbo, i did ask one of the men there about hiring a company out of spain, that if they insisted on doing this to our country here, why did they go outside of of the United States to hire some foriegners(sp), he told me we were all foriegners we all came here on a boat, i was almost speechless, and they had cops at the meeting that i went to, and i didnt want to make to big of a scene, so i bit my tounge. i asked about the noise factor too, was told that they would build berms for the people that lived with in so many feet of the highway to help buffer the sound. what we were allowed to do was go up to the microphone for so many minutes and tell them our opinions, and the commitee would listen to them....awww the things that they offered seemed so good.(puke icon)..berms in front of the houses, foriegners to build it for us, taking away our land that has been in families for years, some 100 + years, taking away crop land, ranches, maybe even seperating your farm in two, so that ya cant get to the other side except by going a couple of miles down the road to find an exit, cuz there wont be many of them, this whole thing makes me sick, makes me think even less of our great gov. leaders
good luck
samm

Samm - that was the same way at this meeting I went to. The only reason their doing these meetings is because it is mandated. They really aren't listening to us and i'm sure they already have it all set as to what they are going to do. Mike, just google I-69 or trans texas corridor and you can find all sorts of info, but I doubt you will find very much that is not on one side or the other of the issue.

What I really think is that we as Americans are causing the American way to crumble. We continue to want cheaper and cheaper products and higher and higher wages forcing the outsourcement of our own jobs and what jobs are left we won't work for the cheap wages that illegals will. We need to as a whole , learn how to support ourselves again without having to go to these other countries for help. All I see this road as being is a way for foreign countries to get their products into America cheaper and easier.

When the folks that voted in King Rick with 35% of the vote we were screwed. If he was not the gov. the People of Texas would have a better chance of derailing the super corrider. Just remember that next time.

Here's my objective view.
This Stinks!
There's going to come a day when we will have to have another Boston T Party
and take this country back. We seem to be giving more of it away every day.
All I can say is all of us that appose this highway need to scream at our leaders every day, write,email,signs,petitions, law suits, what ever it takes.
Let our voice be heard.
If you stand alone you have no chance but together our voices can be herd.
And God bless those that do stand alone, they are the ones that make this country great. :clap:

Latest posts