I-69 Trans Texas Corridor

Help Support CattleToday:

Presented is the key word here. I think most of us agree that something needs to be done. But, it does not have to be done by a company from Spain that will make billions off of the tolls and concessions, and will be able to veto any road projects the state might plan, in order to protect their monopoly. The entire plan has apparently been in the works for years, and TxDOT (and Perry) had already entered into some contracts with with the Spanish company before it became common knowledge. This is the biggest problem with the plan right now--the secrecy surrounding it. Maybe they have nothing to hide. (I'm being facetious here). So why not trot it out for the public to see?

Comparing this to the interstate system is the old comparing apples to oranges thing. It ain't even close to the same thing. This is simply stealing land from the citizens of Texas, and turning it over to a foreign corporation that will make billions off of it over the next 50 years, which was to be (I think) the term of their contract.

Jim regardless of how you do it or who does it land will be taken from the people AS it was with the interstate system and all highways for that matter. The interstate divided many farms and ranches as well. Regardless transparency is the key word. Let the folks know what's going on, be on the up and up on everything (if there is such a thing anymore) and put it to the people for a vote. And don't start out with a half a$$ fix to the problem or you'll never get it approved.

I live within a mile of I-35, which is convenient, but otherwise a pain in the rear. All the noise and traffic. You are right. I-35 is just too overused. It is constantly under construction. Ever been through Hillsboro? I have lived in this area for the past 12 years and it has been under construction that entire time in some form or another. I am against the TTC, however. Too secretive.

Lammie, I know what you're talking about. I-35E and I-35W come together right there at Hillsboro and it REALLY becomes for a heck of a bottleneck. Seems like it's been under construction for ages. I travel Farm to Market roads as much as possible just for the slower pace and usually much more scenic....even if it's a bit farther you arrive more relaxed and not a nervous wreck.

I probably should know this, but I don't. What is the usual right-of-way taken for an interstate highway? This deal was taking around 1200 feet the way I heard it.

And generally, an interstate will have pretty free access and crossovers, etc.. The TTC as planned, does not.

Jim62":3t7pnf7j said:
I probably should know this, but I don't. What is the usual right-of-way taken for an interstate highway? This deal was taking around 1200 feet the way I heard it.

And generally, an interstate will have pretty free access and crossovers, etc.. The TTC as planned, does not.

Jim I honestly don't know but much of I-35 looks to be close to 1000 ft. wide at least. I was thinking the TTC was talking right of ways much wider than that.

TexasBred":39d7tbim said:
Jim62":39d7tbim said:

Jim I honestly don't know but much of I-35 looks to be close to 1000 ft. wide at least. I was thinking the TTC was talking right of ways much wider than that.

I heard that the TTC is supposed to be 12 lanes with limited on and off ramps. All the fuel stops and whatever will be on the TTC and, I guess, state contracted. How wide do you think 12 lanes is? With room on the sides for truck stops?

Didn't I hear this was going away for the time being?

Supposedly, they have given in to overwhelming public pressure, at least on the I-69 part.

I'm thinking they're going to try to slip the I-35 part through. That's the part they've already signed the contracts on.

The fuel stops and whatever will belong to the Spanish company, who I would presume, will be able to charge however much they want for whatever they want.

So does that mean that they will be going in through Bynum and Malloy and all those little town? That is some really fertile farm land out there. I would just absolutely hate to see it taken for something like that. I love driving down 22 just to look at it. It is lovely out there. To think of it paved over just breaks my heart. I know there are several proposed routes along 35.

Lammie....last I heard there were two possible routes. One would have gone on the west side of I-35 the other on the east side a few miles. Don't know if they've decided yet. Either would take in worlds of crop land etc. I haven't real all the proposed construction, ownership etc. but thought that spanish company was only going to build the thing. Don't guess it matters. Seems all the stations on I-35 are already owned by folks from the middle east or the far east. Wonder who gets the profits off those?

TB,.......you're not a TxDOT employee, are you? :???:

All those middle and far easters are doing business on their own. I figure they can do whatever they see fit with any profit they make.

They are not being handed a concessions monopoly sanctioned and enforced by the state of Texas.

Jim62":3f0h1hkm said:
TB,.......you're not a TxDOT employee, are you? :???:

All those middle and far easters are doing business on their own. I figure they can do whatever they see fit with any profit they make.

They are not being handed a concessions monopoly sanctioned and enforced by the state of Texas.

Jim, nope, just an old Texas country boy. Really tho I've wondered how all those foreigners get those convenience stores and trucks stops when locals can't make them work. Who does the financing and where do the profits go. I said I had not read the whole pkg. on the TTC so know nothing about concession monopolies. I figure if you don't like the prices tho you don't have to buy it and due to lack of sales, supply and demand will drive them back down. I'm assuming they will have exits occasionally where a guy can get off the thing too.

TB, I can tell you exactly how they make them work. They don't put anything back into the business. How many of those places have you been in that were just filthy nasty? They aren't clean, the restrooms are appalling and the equipment is old. I'm not saying all those guys do that, but I know a lot that do. After they run it totally into the ground they move on. I have seen it happen here.

Lammie":34oy6cbz said:
TB, I can tell you exactly how they make them work. They don't put anything back into the business. How many of those places have you been in that were just filthy nasty? They aren't clean, the restrooms are appalling and the equipment is old. I'm not saying all those guys do that, but I know a lot that do. After they run it totally into the ground they move on. I have seen it happen here.

Gotta agree with you there. Nasty doesn't describe it well enough. I try to avoid those places like the plague.

There was an Egyptian guy that had a Tigermart in Cleburne that kept a pretty clean store and he was a friendly guy, knew who you were and all that. Most of those guys are stand-offish. Anyway, after 9-11, he skipped town. I guess someone threatened him. Too bad. The Shell down the road is owned by some middle eastern dude and he's just rude. And that store is in crap shape.

For those of you who thought the TTC thing was over, check out the latest at corridorwatch.org.

Business as usual for TxDOT, Perry, and his corrupt little band of underlings.

Jim62":1f2orreb said:
For those of you who thought the TTC thing was over, check out the latest at corridorwatch.org.

Business as usual for TxDOT, Perry, and his corrupt little band of underlings.

Thanks for the info. I am on the email list but have not received an update yet. I am sending away for the NO TTC stickers. I want there to be no mistake which side of this fight I am on.

Latest posts