I-69 Trans Texas Corridor

Help Support CattleToday:

ROCK-N-W":2fvh6dhb said:
Here's my objective view.
This Stinks!
There's going to come a day when we will have to have another Boston T Party
and take this country back. We seem to be giving more of it away every day.
All I can say is all of us that appose this highway need to scream at our leaders every day, write,email,signs,petitions, law suits, what ever it takes.
Let our voice be heard.
If you stand alone you have no chance but together our voices can be herd.
And God bless those that do stand alone, they are the ones that make this country great. :clap:

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-Ben Franklin in the Continental Congress just before signing the Declaration of Independence, 1776.

hurleyjd":3oq23sbl said:
When the folks that voted in King Rick with 35% of the vote we were screwed. If he was not the gov. the People of Texas would have a better chance of derailing the super corrider. Just remember that next time.

As I said in my first post, I didn't vote for the SOB either time. He's been here longer than dirt. Really, he took over the W after went into office in 2000 and he's been reelected twice since then. I can't stand him. He gutted community mental health and mental retardation services, education, Adult and Child Protective Services, (restoring funding right before the last election year), Children's Health Insurance(CHIP), to name a few. He's a crook. He tried to mandate getting our daughters vaccinated for a sexually transmitted desease. (He was on the board of that pharmicutical company). Now he's trying to swindle us into cutting an ugly scar across this beautiful state.

It is hard to believe that he's a Texan. No one I know is in favor of this. This is my state. I was born here and I will die here. Texans don't treat their Texas like this. This is sacred land to us, and you don't defile something that is sacred.

Rock-N-W nice post.
Lammie, United We Stand, Divided We Fall
I'll bug my two Congressmen, Don't expect much from our wishy washy one, might get through the new one though. Our Representative is the only one who stands up for our state, so I will put a bug in his ear again and keep bugging him until he joins the ones against this theft.
Sounds like you guys need what we have here; term limits. Passed by the people.

Caustic Burno":3277g3wd said:
More Nafta crap. How we let congress pass this without raising a stink I don't know.
We all talk about President this or that the true crooks are in Congress and have a job for life as we won't vote them out.

Its hard to vote them out when they strong arm the little men trying to get in and actually represent the people... :x All of history points to only one way to bring this government back in line... ;-)

Here's a little more TxDOT hubris and subterfuge:

AMAZING WHAT OUR COUNTRY HAS COME TO.

I CAN ALREADY IMAGINE HOW THIS WILL INDIRECTLY EFFECT THE REST OF THE COUNTRY.
HOW MANY MORE STATES WILL BE DIRECTLY EFFECTED?
ARE THEIR ANY GRASS ROOTS EFFORTS TO PUT A STOP TO THIS?

i don't think this affects my state but i know what you are going thru ! we will never get back what we have have lost unless we stand together as a whole but we have time and time again let big business and the gov run us over and baffle us with b.s but we choose to take it why? look what happened on 9-11 it was just away to get into war make sombody look good for the history books and line the pockects of select few . that think they are better than me and you .the really bad thing is the younger people have been groomed to accept what ever they they thow at them ,not like the older generation that actually thought about what they where doing and stood up for there rights and the rights of other trying save are land for are kids I DONT KNOW WHY WE HAD TO TRY AND FIX THINGS WHEN THEY WERE NOT BROKEN IN THE FIRST PLACE !!!!

ROCK-N-W":1e8btv6p said:
ARE THEIR ANY GRASS ROOTS EFFORTS TO PUT A STOP TO THIS?

There are grassroots efforts to stop it going on all over the state. Unfortunately, money talks and the citizens walk. The whole issue has already been decided by our corrupt governor and his corrupt underlings in TxDOT. The public hearings are just what this article says they are, DOT trying to deliver a sales pitch, and required by law. Although I really don't see why they feel they have to follow that particular point of law. After all, there are laws against graft and corruption, too, but they don't pay any attention to those.

Perry and his drones may not be the most corrupt state government ever, but I bet they will be ranked pretty darn close to the top.

You Texans are missing something here. With limited access to this road those from south of the border will have to keep traveling north. It just might cut down on your illegal problem.

But to the northerners you might want to ponder this.

An interesting thing for northeners to ponder though is the Canadian goverment is denying Americans access to Canada in record numbers based on things such as a DUI 20 years ago. Wonder where all these from south of the border that get denied access to canada will end up?

All of this is nothing short of the selling out of America by money grubbing politicians, who care about nothing but their pockets.

If one sets on their hind end and does nothing to stop this or make their voice heard. Then they are as much to blame as the ones promoting this.

I wonder how many that are posting here are bothering to do anything in Texas about it.

To the best of my knowledge, the citizens of Texas are almost unanimous in their opposition, and are doing whatever they can to stop it. Unfortunately, as I said, all the decisions were made before the citizens even found out about it.

Got any suggestions as to what to do ??

time to get the guns and ropes ,what are they going to put the whole town in jail or the hole state for that matter if you look at it its the same thing they are doing too you it your right to protect your land

Not only can those Mexican trucks come across the boder with out safty inspections and no cdl. But they will cross the border all the cheap fuel they can hold so as not to buy any here. They can haul freight cheaper than american truckers because they got cheaper fuel. Would hate to be making payments on a peterbilt.

Opponents of a plan to build a Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) road and rail system from Mexico to Oklahoma received welcome news this week, as Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) officials announced their strategy would no longer include building new highway routes southwest of Houston, a plan that would have annexed huge tracts of private land.

The $184 billion TTC project originally called for a 4,000-mile network of transportation corridors, 1,200 feet wide, to be built across Texas. The plan would have taken about a half million agricultural acres out of private hands, leading to a maelstrom of objections from Texas landowners.

Set back for the TTC

I would think that the Texas Highway Patrol could pull these trucks over, arrest the drivers and have the trucks towed and inspected. Then make them pay the repair bills to make them road worthy, pay all current license and fees like they would do to an American Citizen. By the time their produce was returned to them it would be worthless. Fines,tow, storage,bail out of jail fees. Where is any profit.Just my thoughts. Tom :cboy:

perda04":1pi47yon said:
Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) officials announced their strategy would no longer include building new highway routes southwest of Houston,
Set back for the TTC

WHY....just southwest of Houston....there's a hellva lot more road west, north, and northwest of Houston as well, and I see a lot of it not generally following 59.

We must not let our guard down and just accept this as fact. There is really no reason to think that any info coming out of the TxDOT is the truth. A related article said that while the I-69 TTC has been cancelled, this does not affect the I-35 TTC, which is still on the table and rolling over us like the proverbial steamroller.

Incidentally, the TxDOT is under scrutiny this year by the "Sunset Commission". Their preliminary report and a summary of their findings is now available. Strangely, they have come to the same conclusion as the citizens of Texas--TxDOT is run by a bunch of corrupt, lying, weasels and is an agency gone totally out of control. Seems the plan is to do away with the transportation commission in favor of a single commissioner who will be responsible to, and answer to the people. Seems like a plan to me. At least there will only be one set of pockets to fill instead of the group we have now.

Of course, we still have Governor Perry, who is responsible to, and answers to, NO ONE....

Keep up the good fight !

Sounds like y'all need another revolution from an oppressive government. I'm ready to slap on my coonskin cap and clean my musket and head west. Seriously, it seems that millions of Texans against a few greedy individuals could defeat this thing. Easier said than done, I know, but relentless grassroots movements can create change.

J. T.":1c3n8cnh said:
Sounds like y'all need another revolution from an oppressive government. I'm ready to slap on my coonskin cap and clean my musket and head west. Seriously, it seems that millions of Texans against a few greedy individuals could defeat this thing. Easier said than done, I know, but relentless grassroots movements can create change.

J.T. true most of us are against it..Not a lot different from the days they started the interstate systems. ...but.....I-35 which runs right up the middle of Texas simply cannot handle the traffic most of the time. Dozens are killed daily. On holidays you can walk faster than the traffic moves. Read somewhere that 60% of the people in Texas live within 20 miles of I-35 or something like that. In our area they were talking about taking a lot of farmland. Anytime eminent domain is used little people get hurt. The plan as submitted was done in a sneaky manner....a well planned and presented alternative might meet with better acceptance.

Latest posts