Hydraulic Remotes on pickup

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
Is it possible to equip a pickup truck with a functional hydraulic system? If so, is it feasible? I'm afraid it will be pretty expensive. What would be an approximate cost? This is above my head. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Here is what I need it to be capable of doing.

WILL REQUIRE 15 GPM (gallons per minute) of hydraulic oil flow and a minimum of 1800 PSI (pounds per square inch) hydraulic pressure to operate properly.
TWO SETS OF HYDRAULIC REMOTES are required. Each remote must be capable of reversible flow.

They make them that mount on the transmission and also belt driven pumps that will mount on the motor of some pickups.

Here is one you mount on the side of a Allison transmission. I am sure you could rig it up for HYDRAULIC REMOTES pretty easy as you have the pump kinda like a wood splitter.

https://www.munciepower.com/cms/files/P ... G93-01.pdf

jltrent":1zjx7wts said:
They make them that mount on the transmission and also belt driven pumps that will mount on the motor of some pickups.

Here is one you mount on the side of a Allison transmission. I am sure you could rig it up for HYDRAULIC REMOTES pretty easy as you have the pump kinda like a wood splitter.

https://www.munciepower.com/cms/files/P ... G93-01.pdf

Will check it out. Thanks jltrent.

Lucky":3vaidifh said:
Call Deweze they can fix you up. It's gonna cost but they make really nice engine driven hydraulic kits. They make really nice bale beds and feeders also. https://www.deweze.com/hydraulics/

That's ironic. I actually want it to run a deweze supper slicer. I have cows at three farms. Too far, too much wear and tear, and takes to long to drive the tractor 10 miles each day. But I could do it with the truck much quicker and not wear out my tractor. Possibly be better off to get rid of it and buy a bale bed. But some pastures get wet. Maybe I should just feed in rings. So many variables with feeding hay.

I've been unrolling with a deweze behind the tractor for years and finally bought a bale bed this year. I plan on using it to save time when it's dry enough to use the pick up. I've had my eye out for a good deal on a used super slicer but they are hard to come by. My bale bed is a Hydrabed with engine driven hydraulics and a hydraulic driven cube box, haven't used it much but I think it's gonna be handy.

Lucky":3kccu39c said:
I've been unrolling with a deweze behind the tractor for years and finally bought a bale bed this year. I plan on using it to save time when it's dry enough to use the pick up. I've had my eye out for a good deal on a used super slicer but they are hard to come by. My bale bed is a Hydrabed with engine driven hydraulics and a hydraulic driven cube box, haven't used it much but I think it's gonna be handy.

I really like my Super Slicer. I've had it for 4 years and it has saved me a chunk by minimizing hay waste.

JMJ Farms":38cw40dv said:
Lucky":38cw40dv said:
Call Deweze they can fix you up. It's gonna cost but they make really nice engine driven hydraulic kits. They make really nice bale beds and feeders also. https://www.deweze.com/hydraulics/

That's ironic. I actually want it to run a deweze supper slicer. I have cows at three farms. Too far, too much wear and tear, and takes to long to drive the tractor 10 miles each day. But I could do it with the truck much quicker and not wear out my tractor. Possibly be better off to get rid of it and buy a bale bed. But some pastures get wet. Maybe I should just feed in rings. So many variables with feeding hay.

You'd be surprised where a bale bed truck will go if you outfit it correctly. I've got 2 Hydrabeds and 1 DewEze at the moment, and would recommend the former if buying new. The one I use most is a '96 F350 dually which has Detroit lockers front/rear along with good mud tires, it'll go places in 2wd the open trucks won't go in 4wd.

Latest posts