Hydraulic Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
anyone use one fo these. I have been researching the silencer model. I can't seem to find a price on them. For those of you who have used them, are they worth the price over a $2600 preifert. I have registered Brangus cattle that get freeze branded. weight taken at 6 monthes and yearling. shots and any other time they need vac. I was told by an old timer that the first thing he would buy would be a hydraulic chute if he were to start over again.

Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra money for a hydraulic chute unless you have LARGE, difficult to handle cattle.

Definitely don't use one on Longhorns.

To me, a manual squeeze chute is safer than hydraulic...not dependent on "valves, hoses, etc."

a friend of mine bought a used hydro chute for $1000.an all we have to replace is 1 side let down panel.a new hydro chute is $10,000.unless your not going to have much help id get the manual chute.they cost 1/2 of the cost of a hydro chute.an the hydro chute will be pernaant where you set it.friend having to put a power meter by his chute.so we can operate it.

Spend the money! You will never regret it!! Less injuries, easier breeding, palpating, castarating, vaccinating, I could go on and on, not to mention safer for you than any manual chute. Silencer chutes are not cheap but they are THE best!!

Big bull: "id get the manual chute"

I agree with Big Bull. Why waaste the money?? Unless your processing 100-200+ ever day theres no reason to spend the extra money...use it for something smarter..maybe a rainy day?? LOL

plb...,
I wouldn't be without the hyd. shute. One doesn't need a new one....good used ones are usually available......and will do the job. Ours is several years old and we paid just about what a new manual would cost.

Regardless of the way you go...be safe and get yourself an animal immobbilizer. Smartest investment we ever made.....example at;

http://www.igd-usa.com/immobilizer.htm

Look at the trailers.

They work great and can be used for AI procedure as long as you keep the probe (smaller unit)between your latexed arm and the colon wall. Less stress on the animal and the caregiver.

tapeworm":1qazjaxk said:

I agree with Big Bull. Why waaste the money?? Unless your processing 100-200+ ever day theres no reason to spend the extra money...use it for something smarter..maybe a rainy day?? LOL

Yeah save the money and use it for your insurance deductible when ya get hurt! You only have to get injured once and it is paid for!

ranchmgr":2bmrkres said:
tapeworm":2bmrkres said:

Yeah save the money and use it for your insurance deductible when ya get hurt! You only have to get injured once and it is paid for!
Lol..always easy to spend somebody elses money. I still say it depends on how much your gunna use the darn thing but you dont think so??
I agree that everbody needs to do everthing they can to keep from gettin hurt. Just cant use ever risk we take ever day as an excuse to spend a few grand..not when you can just be more careful for free. If you worry that much over getting hurt with a chute and cant just be more careful maybe you need to be selling girl scout cookies isntead of running cattle..we take chances ever day. Cant always spend $1000s at ever excuse. Guess thats why some peopel are ranchmagrs and some people are ranchers..why some of us write the paychecks and some of you cash em

Lol..always easy to spend somebody elses money. I still say it depends on how much your gunna use the darn thing but you dont think so??
I agree that everbody needs to do everthing they can to keep from gettin hurt. Just cant use ever risk we take ever day as an excuse to spend a few grand..not when you can just be more careful for free. If you worry that much over getting hurt with a chute and cant just be more careful maybe you need to be selling girl scout cookies isntead of running cattle..we take chances ever day. Cant always spend $1000s at ever excuse. Guess thats why some peopel are ranchmagrs and some people are ranchers..why some of us write the paychecks and some of you cash em

The one quart head shows from within the ten gallon hat again! To bad your stampede string lets your mouth flop open and spill ugly comments to people you don't know.
Hydraulic chutes are an investment that pay over and over in saved time, and lowers incidence of injuries to animals,-stock and people! The next thing is I will be working cattle with my silencer while you weld or adjust the cables on your chute, or drive to town to get another new one. I have seen 10 yr. old hydraulics that have no welds in 30,000 head feed yards, that is a lifetime worth of catches to most ranches.
Before you cast stones come walk a day selling cookies with me. Ya might just learn something. With enough lessons maybe you will be able to afford one of those paycheck cashers, and quit tripping on dollars to pick up pennies.

i am not agreeing with anyone... but that sounded good at least. :mad:

ranch...,
Right on...you got a couple sharp lines there. I think it sounds good also. Maybe we can give him some credit for selection of his avatar. Course he's probably proud of the image...or a least he acts like it.

Hmm ...

I figure old Tape is not far off the mark.

Fairly strong reaction to what appeared to me to be a rather light hearted and yet reasonable answer to the original question.

As for the rest of the answer - well - that is just Tape.

Bez!

Bez!":3g9xb3v0 said:
Hmm ...

I figure old Tape is not far off the mark.

Fairly strong reaction to what appeared to me to be a rather light hearted and yet reasonable answer to the original question.

As for the rest of the answer - well - that is just Tape.

Bez!

I figure old ranch isn't far off the mark.
What percent of vet clinics have a hydralic chute? Do they run that many head each day? Why would they want one of the darn things then???

As for that just being tape- he along with others on here need a new stampede string! There are few, if any, posts on here where somone isn't attacked. That is unfortunate! I can handle either of ya but you do run a fair number off that probably would make the usual attackers look like fools.
I considered the answer about insurance deductibles light hearted, but some can dish it out but just cant take it.

It sounds like the original poster is not running 100 head per
day through his chute.
I think it would take near that number for me to tie up 10,000
in a chute.
Most hyd. chutes are under roof, there may be a reason for that?
Our local vet does run alot of cattle through his.

hillbilly

I have priced the different hydraulic chutes. There aren't any dealers in arkansas. The chute I like the most that I have seen is the priefert so4. has anybody used one of these. I have a filson chute and it is a ER visit away from getting blown up. This was not invented by a cowman, just a designer sitting behind a computer. It is not very user friendly. I have a question that I must ask. Some of the chutes companies make have straight sides. I have yet to have a straight sided animal. The curved sides seem to be a lot better at constraining an animal. the straight sides seem like they would be a little rough on the ribs

Hey Plb, although I dont have alot of cattle, or experience, I just bought a New Manual Squeeze Chute. I agree if you can, Hydraulic would be the way to go. I could not afford one. So what I did was, research the heck out of the Manual Types. This included reading everything I could find, visiting other Cattle Operations and looking at their equipment and asking every Cattle Man I could "what they had, and what they would buy if they could do it over." I spent weeks on this. THE WINNER "W-W Beefmaster" after I bought it, I used it with no prior experience, I did have a very experienced neighbor there for a little tutorial though. I am very satisfied with my purchase and recommend this equipment. By the way, I own F-1 Tigerstripes and they are Very Large and NOT COOPERATIVE. The Chute did just fine. Price $2,499.00 PM me and I tell you where I got it that reasonable. No I dont sell Squeeze Chutes.

Have had a W-W for years no problems. I would agree a hydro would be great if you can afford it. But a small operation has to watch every dollar spent, does not matter if in check form or pennies picked up. Any way everyones bottom line needs to count pennies by check or pickups to be profitable.

Latest posts