Hurricane rains, new toys, and a little construction

Help Support CattleToday:

Breeding over the top of one of those sliding back gates can be a real pain if not downright dangerous. If it's up, you're risking it slamming down on your arm and it's plenty of wieght to do real damage when you're locked into a cow but if it's downand she tries to lay down you're in for a trip to the hospital if you ever get out. Both have happened to me twice but once it was just my head and I never use that and I'm to stubborn to go to hospitals.
I think if it were me I'd find some way to really secure it in the up position and raise it when you're ready to work on one.

Cp, it's got spring loaded locking pins on it to keep it in the up position. Ill have to look at the height of it to see about using it in the down position. May just slide a bar behind them to breed. Palp I can do from the side

Had this little piece of stainless table I picked up awhile back for 15 bucks. So I decided to put it out for a working table.
photo-148.jpg

wow..you got shade.....thats so friggin awesome..i do mine in the evening...

make sure ya got nothin flappin around or hangin down..keep the spook factor out as much as poss...walk thru it like yer a cow helps

Latest posts