How to make a tote out of a grain bag?

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website where I could find instructions to make a tote bag out of a grain bag? I have seen them in shops around here and wanted to try to make my own. I am sure I could figure it out but would appreciate a pattern that is tried and true so it will hold together :) thanks

LoveMoo11":1tm1l94z said:
Well did ya catch the gator yet? :D
No, but I know where two or three are that I could get pretty easy but I wouldn't know what to do with them after I caught them. :D

I can remember when feed came in burlap sacks. I guess that means I'm old... I don't remember patterned feed sacks of flour bags, though. I did have a halloween costume that my sister made out of a feed sack when I was about two or three. It was a piggie costume. My sister used to make all my clothes from the time I remember until she married when I was in forth grade. I didn't have very many store bought dresses other than the ones that my grannie sent me at Easter.

I can remember Momma picking out which bags of feed/materal she wanted.. Usually under a few other bags. :lol2: Why the owner didn't stack the feed according to pattern,I couldn't tell you. As to feedsack dresses,yeah,I wore them.. Rather pretty,as I remember them. Wish I could get some of that cloth,real durable.

I made it last night...I used a grain bag made up of the tarp-like material-not sure what it is called. Turned out pretty good and seems strong as long as my stitches hold.... :D

Latest posts