How to handle custom meat processor mistakes?

Help Support CattleToday:

BigBear56 said:
Before we hang the butcher here, keep in mind the situation these people are in. Don't get me wrong, I would be be nice if I didn't get my order right but I took a steer and a cull cow in last Tuesday and those poor people looked exhausted. Lady I talked to said they've been working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week. She said she enjoyed the overtime pay but she just looked exhausted. And I've been dealing with these folks for 10 years. FWIW
h

I spent years doing 6 or 7 12hr shifts, then did my own work also, it is not hard to do 12hrs in a 24hr day.....would be lucky to do less that that now....

It wont be that imo 😀

I talked to the owner of the shop Monday and told him the deal and he agreed something wasn't right and said he had fired everyone on his kill floor and he had moved from the cut floor to the kill floor which was a decision he was regretting due to mistakes now being made on the cut floor. He said he would dig into it and see what happened, he called me back yesterday and said he would have some more meat for me to disperse to those who were short this weekend. That gained alot of respect on my end not making excuses, he said when he boxes it, it is on his crew to make sure i's right and not me. And as mentioned in some of the comments these people are overwhelmed right now and I understand that. This shop just opened in March and I'm sure he had planned on easing into it and training some good help.

Glad to hear that he is being honest and trying to make it right. That does say alot. And I am sure that these guys are all going nuts with the sudden surge in bookings and all. So I give him a big KUDOS for wanting to make it right and sounds like he is trying to get his "house in order".
I also agree that if there are odd requests they have to take a half.... and we have also done the "standard" cuts for us and then separated into quarters. They won't get exact weight then but pretty darn close.
Glad you at least have someone who wants to be honest and do what is right.

Sounds reasonable, I would try again seeing they took that approach instead of making it your problem and ducking and weaving....

Latest posts