How to determine the acreage of a field

Help Support CattleToday:

tdarden3k

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to determine the acreage of a very irregular piece of land that is probable less than 10 acres but irregular ?
Do I basically have to break it up into rough squares or rectangles and get the square feet of each, add them all together, then divide the area of an acre ?
Thanks

Pretty sure an acre is 210' on each side. You should be able to extrapolate it from there unless it's really irregular!

Do you have an iPhone? If so there is an app called AgriPlot. It costs 99 cents and is very accurate. It uses GPS to determine the acreage. You can walk the field and set the points or do it from a satellite map. My son has it on his phone and it has been very helpful. Easy to use too.

ETA: He measured our garden with it for fun. It will do small areas.

TennesseeTuxedo":iqyi29yt said:
chevytaHOE5674":iqyi29yt said:
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-area-calculator-tool.htm

This is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for posting the link.

Tux, are you sure? Ever? A tool for doing area? :lol:
I guess it is just easy to impress some people. :lol2:
Make sure your wife don't read your post. :cry:
Remember they were doing area in Mesopotamia before hector was a pup. Only differece is we got electronic technology!

inyati13":2w8v1gtx said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2w8v1gtx said:
chevytaHOE5674":2w8v1gtx said:

Tux, are you sure? Ever? A tool for doing area? :lol:
I guess it is just easy to impress some people. :lol2:
Make sure your wife don't read your post. :cry:
Remember they were doing area in Mesopotamia before hector was a pup. Only differece is we got electronic technology!

It's the coolest by far and without a doubt.

I've been in a running argument with my MIL's tenant as to how many acres she has of pasture vs. timber and with this tool I can finally get a reasonable measurement.

Thanks to all. Between all of the options laid out here, I should definitely be able to find the right tool for my property measurements.
Thanks

TennesseeTuxedo":18yzracy said:
chevytaHOE5674":18yzracy said:

I think the coolest thing I ever saw was a woman in Louisville at the 1977 Coal Show. I was with some of the Tesoro Coal executives from San Antonio and we went somewhere late at night and it was dark. And they were spending all the money not me. They enticed these very pretty young ladies to sit with us and they even treated me to one. I was only 27. I had been to County Fairs, horsepulling contests, Cave Run reservoir, but I had never seen anything like that. She had big dark nipples that had to be an inch long. That is the kind of thing you can say, "that is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen." :banana:

When I am old and can no longer play with my cows or mow my pastures with my tractor. When my years are almost gone. Take all my assets and use my retirement to purchase for me a woman of any race or class to hold my head to her bosom during my last days on this good earth. Even when I can no longer walk the ridges with a faithful dog, I can lay my head between the two most precious appendages God ever made so that I may smell the scent of a woman's bosom when my fire at last is distinguished. Amen.

inyati13":2knvoj0r said:
When I am old and can no longer play with my cows or mow my pastures with my tractor. When my years are almost gone. Take all my assets and use my retirement to purchase for me a woman of any race or class to hold my head to her bosom during my last days on this good earth. Even when I can no longer walk the ridges with a faithful dog, I can lay my head between the two most precious appendages God ever made so that I may smell the scent of a woman's bosom when my fire at last is distinguished. Amen.

Inyati13 ... You need to find a friend to HOSE you down with the biggest garden hose you can find. :oops:

tdarden3k":r8eaem3w said:
inyati13":r8eaem3w said:

Inyati13 ... You need to find a friend to HOSE you down with the biggest garden hose you can find. :oops:

To each his own but a garden hose is not the way I want my fire put out. :banana:

Latest posts