how to cross a barbed wire fence without climbing a H brace?

Help Support CattleToday:

moloss

Reaction score
Long story short I have 5 strandes of barbed wire as my perimeter fencing.....well my neighbor has said he will let my son and I hunt his land next door....... I don't like the idea of climbing/jumping up and over the H braces everytime with my son......some of my H braces are made with old telephone poles and I thought about drilling thru and using rebar as steps to get up and over.....have y'all made anything or seen anything for getting up and over a barbed wire fence? thank you Chris.

I just built a bunch of stiles to climb over. You can move them when you're done with them and put them somewhere else

Workinonit Farm":50v8j8wz said:
dun":50v8j8wz said:
Even a weainie dog pup can learn to use a stile http://www.agserver.net/windyridge/2012 ... -stile.mpg

That's probably the simplest design I've seen yet. Looks fairly easy to make. It doesn't look like it is terribly heavy eaither making it simple to move around.

Is that your little dog dun?

Katherine
Was, he died a couple of years ago. That was the first time he climbed it. Wasn;t long and he would climb it right beside me as I was going up.

Two concrete blocks on each side. Step on blocks and scissor over without pushing down on the wire.

moloss":ynsh2ca3 said:
Long story short I have 5 strandes of barbed wire as my perimeter fencing.....well my neighbor has said he will let my son and I hunt his land next door....... I don't like the idea of climbing/jumping up and over the H braces everytime with my son......some of my H braces are made with old telephone poles and I thought about drilling thru and using rebar as steps to get up and over.....have y'all made anything or seen anything for getting up and over a barbed wire fence? thank you Chris.

My Great Grandpa lost a hand due to going over a fence and a gun going off. Around here if you climb a fence you had better be able to repair fence or out run birdshot. You could build a stile to safely cross a fence, still need to practice gun safety on it as well. Here I tell the grandkid's go under the fence like a goat or walk to a gate that way they have the option. There is no fence climbing no exception's.

there is no fence climbing with a gun.....I have a rule of placing the gun (bolt open) 5 paces from the H brace you plan to climb no exceptions if you can't do that you can stay at the house.

There is no fence climbing period on this place. The 9000 volt's is a deterent as well.
I have over 30 gates on this place walk through a gate, there is a least 2 gates in and out of each pasture with perimeter gates. Climb a fence here you wont be back kid's or grandkids to hunt.
I have enough fence to repair from trees, hog's and cow's without help from a hunter.
The problem is there is only one old man fixing fence.

There have been a lot of people killed crossing fences with guns. I usually just lay the gun flat on the ground where I can reach it from both sides. If I have a jacket, backpack, or some thing like that to prop it up a little I will. If at all possible I go under.... then thru, and lastly over.

You may try picking a spot to use all the time and un-doing a few clips or steeples.

I use 3 cinder blocks . 2 turned side by side 1 turned cross the top to form a step. Once you step over you can stick foot in the hole on top block to swing your leg over. Place next to post for a hand hold.

drive the bull to the corner and then shoot him in the ass. he will either open the fence or enable you to....

seriouslly...anyone not able to go under or thru a fence without doing damage to the fence out not to be out hunting....

or they could join the helltown hunt club (real local club here) and go everywhere in a pickup truck....the real adventerous ones now have a four wheeler in the back of the pickup truck.

they can shoot from anywhere they can drive to. they just wait for the dogs to run em out of the woods....then it sounds like world war I. And they have the gall to be actively campaigning the legislature to allow hunting seven days a week.

I like the hunting on Sunday, we should be free to do what we want. But the days of hunting deer with dogs is over. Just not enough open land for dog hunting anymore. Dogs can't read and neither can their owners.

highgrit":39gjwgsk said:
I like the hunting on Sunday, we should be free to do what we want. But the days of hunting deer with dogs is over. Just not enough open land for dog hunting anymore. Dogs can't read and neither can their owners.
We used dogs for deer in Dismal Swamp in the 60s, the only way to hunt them there.

Latest posts