how to cross a barbed wire fence without climbing a H brace?

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":18ycfwxk said:
I like the hunting on Sunday, we should be free to do what we want. But the days of hunting deer with dogs is over. Just not enough open land for dog hunting anymore. Dogs can't read and neither can their owners.

We have enough land the state took the right away from us in 1990.
There was only thriteen counties in East Texas were it was legal, the big paper companies decided they wanted to lease the land to Houston hunter's. The big companies seen South Texas ranchers making money leasing land and said me too. They got the appointed Game Commisioners to see it their way I wonder how. They have since priced the local's out of the land that they have hunted on for generations. The irony is the state can't figure out the hatred for a Game Warden or the Commisioners in this part of the state. It get's even worse the 13 counties of East Texas have less right's than the other two hundred and forty one counties. The resident's of these 13 counties have to pay the same fee's and taxes as the rest of the state. Things that are legal hunting method in 241 counties are a felony in 13.

just yesterday.....
I went home and after a quick supper went out to feed.
I hear two guy yelling in the cutover timberland which adjoins my property.
can't figure out what they are doing....
then the horses would not come to the barn for supper and daily visualization.
they would whinny and gallop around but would not come down the lane.
Now my horses are fairly sane even if I am not....and they are not spooky.
they are both watching somethin in the wooded buffer near the corner of my property....will not come by it. I am looking but see nothing.
figure okay I will walk them around when I go back to feed the bull.
feed the bull and start the horses around ot the barn. Old Gelding goes in and starts his supper. Boss mare is on high alert. Does not eat.....
and I can not find my mini donks.
Finally find the donk hiding in some pokeberry bushes and they are on high alert as well.
Go to the house and tell wife and she says that before I came home two guys came to the house and wanted to go thru our fields to look for dogs. She told them no as the electric fence was on and they would have to go around and told them how they could drive around.

I don't know what those guys did....but they caused sparks to run up my butt...I told the wife that if anyone else we don't know showed up to greet em with Mr. Ruger in her hand. She thought that was a fantastic idea. Our neighbors house was broken into last week....neighbor is half mile away. I am going to go back to carrying my 357 around the farm as well....going to let these yahoos know that we are not to be triffled with....they don't pay a lick of my taxes but you would never know it cause they think since they rent the land next door they own mine as well....
by the way ....hunting season with dogs is still thirty days away here....but they will claim to be chasing foxes or coyotes or something and skate free. same dogs...same trucks...same guys running hounds year round....and now they want to hunt on Sundays cause they don't have enough time to hunt. some of these guys don't work a lick from the fifteenth of November til the first of February cause it is deer season. Bow season has been in for over a month. Black Powder has just started. I am going to get the sherrifs department to run radar on my road from out of my driveway and that way they can observe the road hunters as well....

Latest posts