How much is to much?

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB

Reaction score
I'm curious about opinions on how many vaccines to give at one time. I work my cow once a year, at that time they will receive the following:

Fusogard (footrot) - Last year was the first year I used this after a rough battle with footrot the previous year. I also have started adding iodine and aureomycine to minerals.
Covexin 8 - Tetanus & Blackleg
Pinkeye Shield XT4
Triangle 9 Type II BVD

And also they will get Ivomec injectable.

I talked to a vet in the past and they just said "if it's working, keep doing it". But that was before I vaccinated for footrot, and I also was using a pour-on wormer.

What is your opinion on getting all this at once?

ChrisB":1zzupnfe said:
I'm curious about opinions on how many vaccines to give at one time. I work my cow once a year, at that time they will receive the following:

Fusogard (footrot) - Last year was the first year I used this after a rough battle with footrot the previous year. I also have started adding iodine and aureomycine to minerals.
Covexin 8 - Tetanus & Blackleg
Pinkeye Shield XT4
Triangle 9 Type II BVD

And also they will get Ivomec injectable.

I talked to a vet in the past and they just said "if it's working, keep doing it". But that was before I vaccinated for footrot, and I also was using a pour-on wormer.

What is your opinion on getting all this at once?

I only give the Triangle Nine, Lepto and Vibrio and blackleg.

I give incoming heifers Ultra bac 8, Bova shield gold, One Shot, Imovec plus and a pinkeye shot. They get it all the same trip down the chute.

We give all of our cows and calves: Shot of dextamax(wormer), blackleg shot, pinkeye shot, and triangle 10 for respiratory. Then fly tags, Id tags if keeping some or some tags have fallen out. And finally castration for bull calves, blue lotion sprayed, and shot of penicillin for them. Vaccinated 75 cows and 45 calves yesterday with 3 people in 5 hours. We still have almost 300 to go.

Latest posts