How much discount on new John Deere...?

Help Support CattleToday:

OklaBrangusBreeder

Reaction score
My dad and I are considering the purchase of a John Deere 5325 tractor with cab and 4WD.

Per the John Deere web site, the "list" price for the tractor configured as I would like is $44,241.

How much "discount" off that "list" price should I expect to receive if I actually purchased this tractor?

Thanks.

Depends on the dealer. The local one won;t budge a cent off the suggesed but one 40 miles away will alwasy deal some, the amount varies. The further dealer also will provide a free loaner if the one you bought breaks down and they have to haul it back to the shop for repairs.

Brute 23":36sfn0bf said:
If I got them to $40K I would be happy. :lol:
tractor dealers just wont let you squeeze them off the price much anymore.but i was thinking $38,000 cash on a tractor rigged like that.

Just a friendly word of advice. That's not a very powerful tractor to be toting around a cab and 4wd unit. Make sure you pay attention the the PTO hp ratings and don't let the dealers snowball you with engine ratings. I'm not a JD man at all, but there is a lot of value in the 5000 series tractors, specailly the used ones.

cfpinz

The dealers around here won't deal at all. Msrp, or out the door you go. I'd shop some other colors. While I have a JD 6300, I really have never seen anything so special about deere tractors that make them worth the extra $10,000 (?) they want for them. I do think that the difference is probably in the paint...

All I use is John Deere Tractors I have two cabs and one open station it depends on what you are going to do with the 5000 series. I would recomend a 6300 series has all the power a hay farmer wants. You can find some clean used cab and airs on the internet. I just bought a 6310 03 model cab for 24500.00 a real clean tractor still had plastic covering the seat. I had to drive 700 miles to get it but for $ 20000.00 savings versus new it was worth it. It enabled me to buy some other equipment also with the savings. Look on Tractor house Fastline Ironsearch and some other places.

I have a 5510, supposed PO hp 75. It does everything I want include bale with a JD 435, supposed to be capable of handling a 5 series baler. New Idea 8 foot disk mower, may go to a 9 or 10 nest year, but it handles everything just fine. Only complaint is hat the front bucket only exends half way across the front of the front tires. When blaqding with the bucket it rides up on the material that's outside the bucket.

dun":uoryqg78 said:
I have a 5510, supposed PO hp 75. It does everything I want include bale with a JD 435, supposed to be capable of handling a 5 series baler. New Idea 8 foot disk mower, may go to a 9 or 10 nest year, but it handles everything just fine. Only complaint is hat the front bucket only exends half way across the front of the front tires. When blaqding with the bucket it rides up on the material that's outside the bucket.

Dun, dig up that money jar we all know you have in the back yard and buy a wider bucket.
I had the same problem with some other loaders I had previously. When I bought a loader, I made sure the bucket was wider than the front tread. It is a great tool. 100% more useful than a bucket which does not cover the front width.

Yesterday I was trying to level several truck loads of 2 inch rock. A neighbor stopped by and I had to pitchabitch about the bucket width. He put hings in perspective. His comment was that the tractor will last me the rest of my life and I'ld gripe about the bucket as long as I had the tractor. The dealer is dropping of a 6 foot bucket this morning.

Latest posts