How many times?

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog":3ke1fsic said:
How many times does someone have to lie to you, before you quit trusting them?

Some people lie so much I believe they start believing their on lies. If somebody straight out tells me a lie to my face and I know and they know it is a lie from now on what they say will not be the same. I have worked with a couple like that before.

It depends on the nature and/or circumstances of the lie. It might be prudent to lie if it creates more good than harm.

snoopdog":15rn3yh6 said:

Once.

Because if they've done it once, that I found out about, there's a pretty good chance it wasn't their first time.

cowboy43":1cjykjm7 said:
If someone cheats on their spouse are they trustworthy in the business world.

This is an interesting question. The difference between ethics and morals and observing the occasions in which the 2 overlap. I have known some very ethical business folks, but in their personal lives, werent much in the realm of fidelity. Have also known a few faithfully married types that would screw you to the wall in a business transaction without hesitation. It's fascinating to observe an individuals values, mores, beliefs and how they're challenged in various situations. The human experiment/experience.

Workinonit Farm":3ayniyjl said:
snoopdog":3ayniyjl said:

Once.

Because if they've done it once, that I found out about, there's a pretty good chance it wasn't their first time.

My trust erodes very rapidly as well.

the media lies to people every single minute but yet most still "absorb" anything they tell you.

durp

I have to agree it depends on the person & situation.
I have a step daughter that lies so much, even about inconsequential things, I'm convinced she believes as soon as it comes out of her mouth it's the gospel truth & I don't trust a word she says.
"No, those jeans don't make your butt look big" or "I love your new haircut" may be flat out lies but kinder than the truth, no harm done or consequences to suffer.
I have lied by omission by changing the subject when an acquaintance asked me if I saw her husband out with another woman. I don't know either very well, none of my business, didn't want to get involved.
If someone lies to me in a business situation, the transaction or future endeavors are severed.
If someone close to me lies I consider their motives & proceed with caution. If they do it again the relationship is damaged. If they continue to lie the relationship is beyond repair.

ddd75":30h873e2 said:
the media lies to people every single minute but yet most still "absorb" anything they tell you.

durp

My fine neighbor.

Obviously, information presented by radio, television, newspaper, journal, or internet is composed, edited and scripted to be persuasive in a way that the outlet desires.

You have posted links to media information in your posts. I assume you find it simple to determine which reports are lies and which are truths. No way a man of your character would let his biases, beliefs and political inclinations influence his objectivity.

My compliments!

A flat out lie..... one time. Just BS or stretching the truth for the sake of a good story doesn't worry me unless it is every time. I do have one daughter whom you can tell if she is telling a lie, her lips are moving. Sad to say but if she told me the sky is blue I wouldn't believe her.

snoopdog":3j4ki5d3 said:

How many times will people listen to the same lie over and over and get to the point of believing it.

True Grit Farms":37pc23td said:
hurleyjd":37pc23td said:
snoopdog":37pc23td said:

How many times will people listen to the same lie over and over and get to the point of believing it.
Apparently only 8 years.
and still at it from the sideline...

boondocks":4d7f0zjc said:
https://www.wired.com/2017/02/dont-believe-lies-just-people-repeat/

Interesting psych background
None of that makes any sense to me, but I can think for myself. It's easy to brain wash someone thats brain dead, the liberal media has been doing it for years.

Latest posts