How many run cows for a living?

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver said:
************* said:
If you were running 150 registered Angus mommas, I seriously doubt you would have trouble paying the bills. 150 scrubs is a different story all together.

So if not registered Angus then they're scrubs?? You are quite a piece of work.
Silver, didnt you realize we have scrubs. You a large herd and me a small herd. You make a living with yours and i try to make mine pay for themselves.

kenny thomas said:
Silver said:
************* said:
If you were running 150 registered Angus mommas, I seriously doubt you would have trouble paying the bills. 150 scrubs is a different story all together.

Silver, didnt you realize we have scrubs. You a large herd and me a small herd. You make a living with yours and i try to make mine pay for themselves.

I'll have you know my cattle are not scrubs. They are mongrels. And Mutts. There is quite a difference! :lol2: And Brookhills 20 best wouldn't hold a candle to my 20 best so perhaps he has the scrubs.

Let's see, I have a few registered angus, some registered Simmental, Charolais, a couple longhorn but not registered, lots of junk trade cows. But somehow I still seem to make a little money off them.

Silver said:
************* said:

"Scrubs" to me are half dead cows that will be lucky to have another calf in the upcoming year.

I did not call anyone's herd on CT scrubs, I was speaking generally. If one is raising healthy, productive cattle no matter what the breed then my comments should not be offensive. I just happen to think Angus bring the highest premiums at the moment, which overall the do.

Hope that clarifies things.

************* said:
Silver said:
************* said:

"Scrubs" to me are half dead cows that will be lucky to have another calf in the upcoming year.

I did not call anyone's herd on CT scrubs, I was speaking generally. If one is raising healthy, productive cattle no matter what the breed then my comments should not be offensive. I just happen to think Angus bring the highest premiums at the moment, which overall the do.

Hope that clarifies things.
Never mind I'm not beating my head against that wall

True Grit Farms said:
snoopdog said:
If you hustle, you can make it, custom bale, cut wood, other part time endeavours. Put it on paper ingoing and outgoing, and you'll know what you have to do. Get handy with a wrench and a pair of pliers. Above all, make sure your wife keeps her job! Seriously,cut your expenses any way you can, grow a garden, can, cut that grocery bill. Cut all unnecessary trips to town.

Sounds more like surviving than living to me.

Here I thought I was living , come to find out I'm just surviving....Sonofabytch..... :bang:

I guess I'll put my 20x silverbelly on and start hanging round close to the picture banner at the cattlemans association meetings..

callmefence said:
True Grit Farms said:
snoopdog said:
If you hustle, you can make it, custom bale, cut wood, other part time endeavours. Put it on paper ingoing and outgoing, and you'll know what you have to do. Get handy with a wrench and a pair of pliers. Above all, make sure your wife keeps her job! Seriously,cut your expenses any way you can, grow a garden, can, cut that grocery bill. Cut all unnecessary trips to town.

Here I thought I was living , come to find out I'm just surviving....Sonofabytch..... :bang:

I guess I'll put my 20x silverbelly on and start hanging round close to the picture banner at the cattlemans association meetings..

There's more to life than work and Texas. Isn't April is supposed to be fishing month?

callmefence said:
True Grit Farms said:
snoopdog said:

You might be surprised that there are a lot of people in NYC, Miami, and L.A. that make 7 figure incomes and they are just "surviving", working their azzes off just to keep their homes and cars from being repo'd.

True Grit Farms said:
callmefence said:
True Grit Farms said:

There's more to life than work and Texas. Isn't April is supposed to be fishing month?

Every month is fishing month.....no need to leave.

undertakers........and hookers.
Lordy...where is the LIKE button!!!
You might be surprised that there are a lot of people in NYC, Miami, and L.A. that make 7 figure incomes and they are just "surviving", working their azzes off just to keep their homes and cars from being repo'd.
Not surprising at all and certainly not unique to those 3 areas. Its called living beyond your means.

I would rather our cows travelled slowly but at times they get in a hurry.

Regardless, most years they work for us rather than the opposite. Any who can't or demand special privileges go elsewhere.

Latest posts