How Many of You Have Signed Up For Cost Share Programs?

Help Support CattleToday:

Anytime the Govt contributes any money, they want to tell you how to run your business. I would look at any of those programs with a wary eye, especially if they think you may have some so-called "wetlands". A dozer operator told me he would build a pond or whatever for less money rather than go through the hassle with ncrs. It is probably all right in most cases,call me paranoid,but I am leery of them knowing everything about my place. ;-)

I look at welfare as a means to feed your family without working. Subsidies to not produce a crop might fall under that heading, do not know much about it to be honest.

But any way I can use my brain to figure out to pay less Taxes or get some of it back in any way. Rather it was in Pell grants for my wife to go back to college, or Cost sharing programs I do not care how I get it back, I just know I want it.

They are sly about taking our money so I will be as sly about getting some back or paying less of it in.

But I believe there should not be any program such as Cost Sharing. But since there is I would get them If I can.

Frankie":29gas9ue said:
It's a much larger program than just helping out farmers or ranchers. If farmers go broke because they can't sell their crops for enough to live on, who will feed this country? While we do import food, we're one of the few countries in the world that can actually feed our own population. I don't think it would be a good thing if we start depending on another country for wheat to make our bread.

To me that is a pretty liberal view of things, how many other areas do you want the Government take care of you? If Farmers go broke someone else will step up and take care of it. The free market will work, worked since Jesus walked the earth. Only time things go wrong is when Government gets involved, rather it is the communist or Democracy once they take over and have to much power it all gets screwed up.

Maybe a loaf of bread will double in price, but if I did not have to pay so much tax dollars for so many stupid things such as Subsidies then I could afford double the price of bread. How did farmers make it for a 1,000 years with out subsidies? Free Market and survival of the fittest.

Boohooing about wanting the government to solve your problems is stupid.

Every dollar that the government pays out be it salary, cost share, pensions, welfare, storm relief or whatever can be broken down as welfare because it is supposedly going for what the government wants done with the money. The very minute that the gov. stops flagrantly wasting my tax dollars, I will refuse all subsidies, grants, pensions or payments of any kind. Until then I am going to work at supporting my family and take anything that the gov. wants to hand out.

Cabo":3f6humxr said:
Every dollar that the government pays out be it salary, cost share, pensions, welfare, storm relief or whatever can be broken down as welfare because it is supposedly going for what the government wants done with the money. The very minute that the gov. stops flagrantly wasting my tax dollars, I will refuse all subsidies, grants, pensions or payments of any kind. Until then I am going to work at supporting my family and take anything that the gov. wants to hand out.
Well said Mr. Cabo.
Even with the programs we have been involved with, not at anytime or minute has an agency given me any type of dictated mandate.IF they had I would have nicely thanked them for their time, and gone the other way.I can hardly wait until October to see what plans we can sign up for next.With the compensation we have received, it has allowed me to persue other avenues of my operations that needed attention.

Speaking from a taxpayers point of view, I don't mind my dollars going to help hard working folks better themselves. What pi$$es me off is when they give it to people who are too lazy to help themselves and then turn around and spend it on drugs and booze,etc. Helping hand vs. handout I guess you could say.

But as someone said earlier, we don't have any control over how they spend our money. They just take it and do whatever they please with it. :mad:

Caustic Burno":3p6haqm3 said:
ERNIBIGB":3p6haqm3 said:
Got my check in the mail yesterday.I was approved for cost share on bull purchase and building a holding/weaning pen.After getting my premise ID and BQA in order I found and bought a bull then bought heavy duty steel panels and put them up. I sent the documentation and recpts and a few pictures. No one even came out to look at anything but they are welcome to at any time.Got a good looking bull and a nice holding pen for total cost of about $3000 plus my fuel to pick up the bull and about a days work to build the pen. I needed both whether the state helped or not so I was glad to get a little help.

Cost Share to buy a bull is flat out welfare no matter what name you want to hang on it.
I can here ya'll now complainig about welfare while your hand is stuck out.

Can't sit around complaining they won't work and justify it in your mind its ok for the government to buy your cattle and fence.

Kinda hypocritical huh.
You hit the nail squarely on the head CB

Cabo":3jzpm7y8 said:

Justify in your mind anyway you want to welfare for them subsidy for you is still welfare.

Kinda like the difference in depression and recession its a recession when your neighbor is out of work a depression when you are.

Caustic Burno":1b4aflha said:
Cabo":1b4aflha said:

Justify in your mind anyway you want to welfare for them subsidy for you is still welfare.

Kinda like the difference in depression and recession its a recession when your neighbor is out of work a depression when you are.

Is a Subsidy and Cost share the same thing?

aplusmnt":16sycghq said:
Caustic Burno":16sycghq said:
Cabo":16sycghq said:

No, they are two different things.

Crowderfarms":2cikodj2 said:
aplusmnt":2cikodj2 said:
Caustic Burno":2cikodj2 said:
Cabo":2cikodj2 said:

If they are differnet, Caustic which is it you have problems with? Subsidies or Cost Sharing? Or both?

Fellers what happen to builden somethen with your own 2 hands an bein dam proud of it! this here government hand out business makes me sick. it dont seem thers a lick of pride left in cattle men these days! what do ya tell your sons when ya hand the place down to em?

boys keep this here ranch goen cuss me an the dang government worked real hard builden it!

hog wash :mad:

ONLY-BEEF":iz8imyxd said:
Fellers what happen to builden somethen with your own 2 hands an bein dam proud of it! this here government hand out business makes me sick. it dont seem thers a lick of pride left in cattle men these days! what do ya tell your sons when ya hand the place down to em?

boys keep this here ranch goen cuss me an the dang government worked real hard builden it!

hog wash :mad:
Dont you think it's just a little bit better than giving it to someone with a Turbine or a Towel on their head.What about BQA dollars?? Besides, doing a Cost Share program, is helping AMERICAN Cattlemen/Women put a better product on the table for a hungry world.Cant you be proud of your operation knowing the gosh durn Government kicked some money back to you to help your venture? My outfit aint no inherited deal, it's mine.Worked a heck of a long time to get it too.

Now mister Crowderfarms ifen i take a government hand out how can i go ahead an be mad at them dang useless Towel rack fellers fur doen the same dang thing! i say thank ya but no thank ya!!

ONLY-BEEF":17itd4q6 said:
Now mister Crowderfarms ifen i take a government hand out how can i go ahead an be mad at them dang useless Towel rack fellers fur doen the same dang thing! i say thank ya but no thank ya!!
It's not the same as the Foreigners getting our money.My forefathers fought and died for this Country.I'm not on Welfare or food stamps.Cost Share is nothing like those two things.It's simply Government monies, alloted to assist the Cattleman or Farmer to bring his infrastructure up to speed.To utilize Pastures to the maximum efficiency, to better handle livestock,and to protect natural resources.It aint a free ride with health insurance, section 8 housing and stamps you lick.You do what you want, but when your own neighbor passes you up with the quality and efficiency of his operation, VS. yours, you'll think again.

aplusmnt":3efbsri2 said:
Crowderfarms":3efbsri2 said:
aplusmnt":3efbsri2 said:
Caustic Burno":3efbsri2 said:
Cabo":3efbsri2 said:

If they are differnet, Caustic which is it you have problems with? Subsidies or Cost Sharing? Or both?

Which one are you not taking government money from the taxpayer?

No disrespect ment ya mister Crowderfarms but i stopped conparen my self to my neighbor along time ago. there just aint no happyness in doen it.

Are you gentlemen saying that none of us should ever get anything back for the tax dollars that we pay to the IRS? Where do you propose that all of it should go? To help everyone but the farmers and ranchers I guess.

Caustic Burno":3urufi19 said:
Which one are you not taking government money from the taxpayer?

Can't speak for other states, but our cost share money came from the tobacco settlement the companies pai to make up for loss of tobacco quotas. No tax money is involved.

Latest posts