How many of you have seen this or something similiar???

Help Support CattleToday:

mermill2

Reaction score
WE have both cattle and sheep. Much to our surprise, we found one of our new male lambs, mooching off of one of our cows. She had just given birth about a week or so. I wish we had a picture. He had a mother, and she did have milk. Mooch, as we call him, used the "side approach". We separated the cow with her calf into a different field from the lamb. I just saw Mooch, today, trying to mooch off of one of our other heifers. He didn;t get too far, she just kept on moving. Besides, she is just a heifer, no calf, no milk. Merry

I wouldn't have thought a newborn lamb could even reach a cows udder to 'mooch'. I would have liked to see a picture for sure. We have no other animals in with our cows so have not been witness to such behavior.

Yes, he was a new male lamb, not a new born one. Probably 1 month old. I am sorry, I meant that the cow had just given birth a week or so. He also was a tall ram lamb, taller than any of the others. I really like watching the cattle and the sheep, and of course, our donkey, Jacob. Merry

Latest posts