How many can you get in a truck ?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":ax34rati said:
Brute 23":ax34rati said:
Set us back 2 days on finishing the house... :x

The birth place of ranching... major battle in Texas history... and the only way to get in the news is by having the record for most illegals piled in to pick up and crashing. :bang:
Bet the city lost a bundle if they all had reservations at "The Antler Inn". :lol2:

Naw... The sheriff and his peeps have camps built for them in the brush along 59. They are headed for SA. Thats the promise land. All the liberals lead by Senor Castro... Obama's narc... will take care of them. :nod:

James T":3lxti4po said:
forcing law abiding citizens in the US to foot the bill for the free services given these folks. .
That's the thing. These folks work hard, and are generally pretty good at what they do and care about it being done right, for a chicken$hit wage and the only day off they take is when they're so sick they wind up in the emergency room.... the perfect employee as far as farmers are concerned. That's extra money in the bank that the farmer pays taxes on.
They do use our public infrastructure for education and health care but they are PRODUCTIVE and pay back into the system. They pay taxes because they have to fake being a citizen to get any work worth having so all of the blame on them is not deserved.
I already know where this arguement always goes so I'll respond now: The last thing we need to do is FORCE the unemployed to work. I'd go out of the farming side of the business about two days after the pickers that were mad that they had to pick showed up... It really is cheaper to pay the losers to stay home and import people that want to work.

I joke but its really a bad deal. I have no problem with the people and truly believe the govt is at fault. As long as they refuse to secure the border and not adress the issue this will happen. As far as I am concerned there are more drains on our economy and society born here legally than cross the border.

cow pollinater":2dfzxwi0 said:
James T":2dfzxwi0 said:
forcing law abiding citizens in the US to foot the bill for the free services given these folks. .
That's the thing. These folks work hard, and are generally pretty good at what they do and care about it being done right, for a chicken$hit wage and the only day off they take is when they're so sick they wind up in the emergency room.... the perfect employee as far as farmers are concerned. That's extra money in the bank that the farmer pays taxes on.
They do use our public infrastructure for education and health care but they are PRODUCTIVE and pay back into the system. They pay taxes because they have to fake being a citizen to get any work worth having so all of the blame on them is not deserved.
I already know where this arguement always goes so I'll respond now: The last thing we need to do is FORCE the unemployed to work. I'd go out of the farming side of the business about two days after the pickers that were mad that they had to pick showed up... It really is cheaper to pay the losers to stay home and import people that want to work.

Within 1 or 2 generations your back to where you started CP.

I understand your sentiment and would sure like to let as many people work as are willing, but allowing an open border has way to many problems. I don't want Mexico's trash. There are very few places in the world that you can cross a country's border without serious consequences. Why not here? People need to come in the right way. Regulated, English speaking and background verified.

As far as paying people to stay home, the problem is that they have received something for nothing in the first place. No productivity, no food. I can promise you that an empty stomach is a good motivator. Why do you think the immigrants are so willing to work? If you don't fix the problem and allow more and more people in, now in 1 or 2 generations, you just have more lazy people not working.

I work with quite a few hispanic people and I am constantly amazed at their work ethic, their family values and their overall stupidity. I admire them and I am dumbfounded by them. At times I just stand in awe at some of the decisions they make and how they can't seem to look to the future for even five minutes nor to the consequences of their actions. They truly amaze me in many ways. This thread reminded me of the BBQ some hispanics had here a few years ago where they BBQ'ed a goat over some telephone poles treated with copper arsenate. This particular BBQ event accomplished more in a single day than the ICE had done in years. They amaze me.

Jogeephus":318bcb2t said:
I work with quite a few hispanic people and I am constantly amazed at their work ethic, their family values and their overall stupidity. I admire them and I am dumbfounded by them. At times I just stand in awe at some of the decisions they make and how they can't seem to look to the future for even five minutes nor to the consequences of their actions. They truly amaze me in many ways. This thread reminded me of the BBQ some hispanics had here a few years ago where they BBQ'ed a goat over some telephone poles treated with copper arsenate. This particular BBQ event accomplished more in a single day than the ICE had done in years. They amaze me.
we got our share of those type here... in a white wrapper

Brute 23":ong0vgey said:
I joke but its really a bad deal. I have no problem with the people and truly believe the govt is at fault. As long as they refuse to secure the border and not adress the issue this will happen. As far as I am concerned there are more drains on our economy and society born here legally than cross the border.
Gotta agree with you.....All I've been around are very hard workers just trying to improve themselves. If you hang out in Mexico a while you'll learn quickly while they'll risk their life to come over here.

Jogeephus":3jb4gmuu said:
I work with quite a few hispanic people and I am constantly amazed at their work ethic, their family values and their overall stupidity. I admire them and I am dumbfounded by them. At times I just stand in awe at some of the decisions they make and how they can't seem to look to the future for even five minutes nor to the consequences of their actions. .
:lol: :lol: :nod: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to my world. Easily half of the people I deal with are fairly green hispanics. I used to think it was a language barrier but I've learned alot of spanish and some of them have learned alot of english and it never seems to help.
I have a kid that is actually better educated than I am that gives shots for me at my first big stop. He's been doing that particular job for five years now. I NEVER get kicked there but he manages to about three times a day. He'll stand there and dink around with his paperwork and shove her around to check her eatag number and then fiddle around with his chalk and then stand directly behind her and poke her with a needle... the whole time he's doing it she's warning him with tail flicks, stomps, head up and sighting in on the target...He NEVER figures it out. He just thinks cows are mean and keeps on doing it the same way. A few days ago he had a white t-shirt on that had a hoofprint right in the sternum... I didn't even act like I noticed. :lol:

cow pollinater":1y9jgmwm said:
A few days ago he had a white t-shirt on that had a hoofprint right in the sternum...

:lol: :lol: :lol: You know, if Macon wanted to get some free advertising for this site and get paid for it he could sell t-shirts with the hoof print on he front and the CT logo on the back. That is of course if that fella you know doesn't already have it trademarked. :lol2:

Ever done any fence work with them? I once was doing this and I told them I was running to the store to get some sac crete and asked if they needed any supplies. Answer was NO, we are good. When I returned they said we needed more staples. I asked why they didn't mention this before and the head guy said they had some when I left. :bang: Your right about the language too. I don't know what it is they speak but its not spanish and I don't think any of them speak the same language hence they have to use their hands and make gestures to communicate. They need to just learn english. Be a lot simpler.

Joe you may be hearing some of the indian boys from way down south in Mexico and over into the Yucatan. I use to ahve some of them. Totally different language....sounds almost oriental. Mexicans don't like to have to work with them because they can't understand them either. :lol:

The guys I work with call them "fleas" becase when they speak their mouth jumps around like a flea that you can't catch. :lol:

Jogeephus":3g57ulu5 said:
hence they have to use their hands and make gestures to communicate. .
I'm currently in the proccess of teaching a guy to breed... actually I should say that I have a guy that follows me on Sundays. :? He's never asked about breeding a cow... instead he told me he wants to "learnun to be for the EAUGHUGH(not real sure on the spelling) The eaughugh sound is punctuated by a really weird look on his face and an arm pump that I assume is his imitation of what I do to a cow. :???: Other than the stange "word" it's all in english and the guy has a college degree.

So how exactly are you teaching this guy to breed? Isn't that just a matter of birds and bees. I hope you're not role playing :lol:

hooknline":3pcj11mi said:
So how exactly are you teaching this guy to breed? Isn't that just a matter of birds and bees. I hope you're not role playing :lol:
Well at this point in time it's still stuck at, "follow me". That is a digression from "you've been doing this long enuogh to get the hang of it, go out in front and mark the one's you think are in heat". I'd call him a dumb #$%@ but he can't even figure that out.

What I've been told by a crew leader is they cannot stand Guatamallans (sp?) because they sneak into Mexico and take THEIR jobs. I guess if the trend isn't stopped we will be sneaking into Canada.

Jogeephus":krwxhjbt said:
What I've been told by a crew leader is they cannot stand Guatamallans (sp?) because they sneak into Mexico and take THEIR jobs. I guess if the trend isn't stopped we will be sneaking into Canada.

It goes further that that, Jogee. A good bit of the male population that inhabits the land from Mexico on down to South America makes its way on up through Mexico and across the US border. As long as the US government continues to pay US citizens not to work (ie, pick tomatoes etc) these folks will find a way to get across the border. The Mexican/Guatamalin/Honduran governments have no incentive to stop the flow as billions of US dollars are being wired back home. Meanwhile, we have plenty of Liberal heartthrobs bleating for these illegal people, thus, supporting their behavior. Turn things around so that the illegals are bleeding the liberals dry and we will then see a turn around.

James T":fittnxhk said:
Turn things around so that the illegals are bleeding the liberals dry and we will then see a turn around.

I agree but don't think it would ever work since by nature a liberal is only capable of spending other people's money.

Latest posts