How low will it go

Help Support CattleToday:

I got gas the other day for #1.79 at the Love's in Ontario. It can't get below $0.55 a gallon here. That is the amount of the gas tax. They sure aren't going to drop that any.

Caustic Burno said:
callmefence said:
Caustic Burno said:
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/prices.php

LoL..... that's just mean and you know it.

If you look at the chart it has the price for June crude.
I appreciate the post cb, but my refinery is on the fritz, I'm going have to buy mine finished

callmefence said:
Caustic Burno said:
callmefence said:
LoL..... that's just mean and you know it.

If you look at the chart it has the price for June crude.
I appreciate the post cb, but my refinery is on the fritz, I'm going have to buy mine finished

It's all based on the input cost of a barrel of oil.
The 3-2-1 Crack spread is a good indicator of the price of gasoline and diesel.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/includes/crackspread_explain.php

Looks like with gas at 1.29 that I have seen in places. Take the tax off and that is .91 cents a gallon here in Texas. This comes out to be a 41% tax rate.

hurleyjd said:
Looks like with gas at 1.29 that I have seen in places. Take the tax off and that is .91 cents a gallon here in Texas. This comes out to be a 41% tax rate.

Out the refinery gate this morning is .89 a gallon Gulf Coast price.

I filled up just outside San Antonio yesterday for $1.24. I ordered dyed diesel a couple weeks ago and it came in for $1.51 per gallon, not sure what the on road tax is for diesel but I assume it would come out to about $1.75? It's not too far off from when I started driving almost 20 years ago.

Local gas has crept up about $.10 a gallon, in the past week. Several of the stations had it for 1.69 and I see several at 1.77 and 1.79 yesterday. I was in Durham NC on Tuesday for a check up on my ankle replacement, and bought gas right near the Va/NC line for 1.39.9 a gallon and several places were in the 1.42-1.45 range.
On road Diesel here is 2.43 local yet we can go 15 miles to the Southern States fuel station and get 50 cetane (most is 40 cetane at the pumps) for 1.89 and their gas is 1.79.... no ethanol.

Federal tax is $.18 on gas and $.24 on diesel, In Texas the state tax is $.20 on gas and diesel. Trucking fees will run the price up too so the closer you live to a distribution terminal the cheaper fuel should be. From what I can see our prices are slowly going up. Farm fuel should be around .44 cents less than pump price in Tx. I talked to a local farmer that bought around 6,000 gallons of off-road fuel for $.79 about a month ago, guy last week told me he had 500 delivered for $1.15 last week.

Latest posts