how late is too late

Help Support CattleToday:

kate101284

Reaction score
my heifer was due april 14...thats right, almost 3 weeks ago. last year she went 10 days over due, so we thought she would due the same. as of today, no baby yet? is this normal? we are gonna call the vet tonight, but ijust wanted your input. thanks

ps- she seems fine, not sick, not in pain, just NO BABY!!

We are in the same boat. Our heifer was due the 23rd. She had a lot of sticky discharge but not labor. I am beginning to get a little worried. She is also a fat show heifer to complicate the process.

Are you guys sure they are bred for when you think. If they were out with a bull they could have missed the first heat and caught to the next. Just cause you saw the bull breed her doesn't necessarily mean she caught.

Ours calved today. A rather large...you guessed it...bull calf.
The kids named him H3, 3rd bull born this season. Hince, hamburger to the third power.

ffamom":22245e9l said:
Ours calved today. A rather large...you guessed it...bull calf.
The kids named him H3, 3rd bull born this season. Hince, hamburger to the third power.

Congrats!! one of ours didnot lose any mucus, and BOOM one day she had a bull calf! it really surprised us.. I'm sure she had plenty of signs ect but we didn't catch them. Learned more so next time we will though!!!

cow_crazy_101":zte52gfw said:
I'm sure she had plenty of signs ect but we didn't catch them. Learned more so next time we will though!!!

Don;t bet on it. There will alwasy be the ones that surprise you no matter how closely you watch

dun