How High Will It Go!

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":2t2j9wfp said:
I've still got the 1 ton ford with the 6.0 that has cost me thousands. It is parked at the farm, registration expired and tags too. Need to get it updated. I've got to have it to pull the flat bed and heavy loads.

New truck is a gasoline and it is getting about 16 mpg. Thinking this is the pattern to go for general run around things. Looked at new diesels when I bought this one. Chose gas for the exact reasons you are citing.
if you can stay around that range with a gas burner, its a heck of alot cheaper to own than a diesel,, most duramax's are around 18 to 20

ALACOWMAN":1qjzi6rn said:
backhoeboogie":1qjzi6rn said:
I've still got the 1 ton ford with the 6.0 that has cost me thousands. It is parked at the farm, registration expired and tags too. Need to get it updated. I've got to have it to pull the flat bed and heavy loads.

New truck is a gasoline and it is getting about 16 mpg. Thinking this is the pattern to go for general run around things. Looked at new diesels when I bought this one. Chose gas for the exact reasons you are citing.
if you can stay around that range with a gas burner, its a heck of alot cheaper to own than a diesel,, most duramax's are around 18 to 20

Exactly. This new one is 4 WD too. I aint dragging the hoe and cat around all the time like I used to. Aint much trailering at all going on. Gonna keep the 1 ton for just pulling when it happens. Gonna save a few nickels driving that gas pick-up for all light work. Just miss the ash tray and am way past fed up with all the chimes in the pasture all day long.

backhoeboogie":2nmsvmz0 said:
ALACOWMAN":2nmsvmz0 said:
backhoeboogie":2nmsvmz0 said:

Exactly. This new one is 4 WD too. I aint dragging the hoe and cat around all the time like I used to. Aint much trailering at all going on. Gonna keep the 1 ton for just pulling when it happens. Gonna save a few nickels driving that gas pick-up for all light work. Just miss the ash tray and am way past fed up with all the chimes in the pasture all day long.
I used to wrap the seat belt around the back of the seat and hook it when driving the truck though fields. Try that next time, doesn't get in your way and shuts the beeping up.

I will try that indeed. Got any tricks about the key in the ignition? How aobut having to put it in park so the passenger can open their door to open the gates? I am going to wear out that shift column :D

backhoeboogie":2nh9uuqw said:
I will try that indeed. Got any tricks about the key in the ignition? How aobut having to put it in park so the passenger can open their door to open the gates? I am going to wear out that shift column :D
Well, if u pull the key just slightly out (like 1/8 in) of the ignition it will shut the beeping off (also keeps u from running ur battery dead if u didn't get it turned back all the way). Doesn't interfere with restarting it cuz when u grab for the key you always push it just slightly anway putting it right back in place. The door thing is an annoyance I have in my car too, if you have a manual lock on the door they should be able to just pull it. If not, i have no idea.

TexasBred":evswcdy6 said:
Regular unleaded gas around here dropped from $3.29 early last week to $3.17.....highway diesel is $3.79 at most places.

Write your congressman and tell him thank's for the EPA. When low sulphur spec's came in most of our diesel went overseas.Why incur the cost of refining when you can sell it all around the world. Jet Stream that's over China will be here in about 12 hours.

FarmGirl10":3v1axk7v said:
I used to wrap the seat belt around the back of the seat and hook it when driving the truck though fields. Try that next time, doesn't get in your way and shuts the beeping up.
You can do better....wear it !!!!! Even in the pasture. ;-)

TexasBred":2f46v28x said:
FarmGirl10":2f46v28x said:
Its a PITA when you to keep jumping in and out of the truck.

backhoeboogie":2g83zdro said:

Your truck is too fancy ! :nod:

FarmGirl10":6ytv38pk said:
TexasBred":6ytv38pk said:
FarmGirl10":6ytv38pk said:
Its a PITA when you to keep jumping in and out of the truck.
I bought a truck in '94....told myself I was going to start wearing a seatbelt. Now I feel almost naked if I don't have it on. I don't use the one on the tractor or the mule tho.

hillsdown":144h7pex said:
backhoeboogie":144h7pex said:

Your truck is too fancy ! :nod:

I don't know about the 2010's and up but on the others you could disable that annoying feature.
I quess that is to make city folk's feel safer, my safety is a 1911.

Ryder":2fvlqjhw said:
I have a Ford car, can't remember the year offhand, but the owners manual gives a procedure to deactivate that seat belt noise.
Several steps to the process, but it works.

Ford trucks have the same procedure but like ryder I had to look in the manual to get it. Only takes about a minute and no more ding, ding,

Caustic Burno":l9x40jw6 said:
TexasBred":l9x40jw6 said:
Regular unleaded gas around here dropped from $3.29 early last week to $3.17.....highway diesel is $3.79 at most places.

Write your congressman and tell him thank's for the EPA. When low sulphur spec's came in most of our diesel went overseas.Why incur the cost of refining when you can sell it all around the world. Jet Stream that's over China will be here in about 12 hours.

Volcanoes put out way more sulfur in one month than man ever has in all of history. This is another one of those, "What in the hades were they thinking.." scenarios.

Ryder":k9gsw6nd said:
I have a Ford car, can't remember the year offhand, but the owners manual gives a procedure to deactivate that seat belt noise.

It doesn't work on the newer Fords. My 2001 you could just press the buttom on the belt and it would go off. The 2006 I had would beep for 6 minutes. I wear my belt in the 2011...

greatgerts":1ljwkrqr said:
Ryder":1ljwkrqr said:

It doesn't work on the newer Fords. My 2001 you could just press the buttom on the belt and it would go off. The 2006 I had would beep for 6 minutes. I wear my belt in the 2011...

The ford people told me something like, "take the driver's door and passenger door apart, the wire should be red with a color code green and white stripe but not all are that color and it depends on the manufacture locaion and date........" Then they went on to tell me cutting these wires voided the warranty and their were a couple of other issues I don't recall. If I could just find the chime itself, I would disable it. I took the fuse panel cover off and dug all up through there looking for it. If it could get a pair of channel locks on it, I would crush it.

Which puts me back to that antique Schwinn bicycle thought. :D :D

By the way, you can ride in the back of a truck without a seat belt and you are legal if you are an adult. If you climb out of the back and in to the backseat, you'd best put on a seat belt or else they are going to fine the heck out of you.

backhoeboogie":dsv1davk said:
By the way, you can ride in the back of a truck without a seat belt and you are legal if you are an adult. If you climb out of the back and in to the backseat, you'd best put on a seat belt or else they are going to fine the heck out of you.
Here anyone can ride in the back of a pickup "as long as it's the only family vehicle". That was passed a couple of years ago and was referred to as the "hillbilly exemption" don;t know the real name for it.

greatgerts":3nqm0jc1 said:
Ryder":3nqm0jc1 said:

I have an extra male seat belt buckle end that I just slip into the female end. Works great. A friend of mine being even cheaper then me made one from an old credit card that does the same thing.

backhoeboogie":2atbdk1f said:
Caustic Burno":2atbdk1f said:
TexasBred":2atbdk1f said:

Volcanoes put out way more sulfur in one month than man ever has in all of history. This is another one of those, "What in the hades were they thinking.." scenarios.

I am actually believe the EPA is an unconstitutional agency created to destroy the United States The United Nations is another brain fart of the progressive movement. Both should be thrown off U.S. soil.