• Yes! I would love it.

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • No! A total waste of time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grannysoo

Reaction score
Just a simple question for comments and a poll for your vote. Anyone want for Macon to add a new forum to the board dedicated to recipes and cooking? This poll will run for 10 days.

(Don't worry about making Macon work too hard. It's pretty easy to add another sub-forum.) ;-)

Sounds like a great idea . I don't cook, but I could print it off and give it to my wife :D . She really doesn't want me messing up her kitchen and stuff .

Larry

I am thinking flaboy proposed this a one time ~ I remember I was surprised that such a very good idea could come from such an........oh nevermind...... :lol2:

Anyhow ~ I think it is something that plenty of people would enjoy.

angie":206v274q said:
I am thinking flaboy proposed this a one time ~ I remember I was surprised that such a very good idea could come from such an........oh nevermind...... :lol2:

Anyhow ~ I think it is something that plenty of people would enjoy.

Ha see! I am a man of many talents unlike some folks who just hand cuff their men. :lol:

Yes I would like to see this Forum. I like to cook and try differnt things, especially on my friends and they still come back every week. I cooked steaks and cabbage on the grill the other night!

Id love to share recipes. I always go lookin for some new ones and like to share mine. :clap:

flaboy - you need to get yourself unhandcuffed and crank up that hotdog cooker! whens the party?

RebelCritter":diq3wny8 said:
flaboy - you need to get yourself unhandcuffed and crank up that hotdog cooker! whens the party?

Why? The "hotdog" cooker ain't done yet. Also I will not be cooking no dang hotdogs on it. :mad:

Oh and critter, we have seen some pic's of your recipes. Not sure we can handle your style of cooking. :lol2:

Well we see who has the pull around here huh? :lol2: When I tried to get this started a few months ago it was ignored much like most of what I write. :lol2:

flaboy":3clv1u2k said:
Well we see who has the pull around here huh? :lol2: When I tried to get this started a few months ago it was ignored much like most of what I write. :lol2:

What does that tell you?

dun":20y594yd said:
flaboy":20y594yd said:

What does that tell you?

Just confirms my suspicions and to think my X used say I didn't listen to her. :lol2:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Got that shiny new forum right in the middle of 60 acres of hay being on the ground. Dang it, it's going to be a couple of days before I can help start filling it up.

Thanks to the powers that be for the new addition!

There has always been a recipe page on the forum. If you go to the home page you will see it there. I have got some good ideas from there many a time. Here's a recipe for you hope you try and enjoy...

Roast Plums and Kentish Cob nuts and clotted cream
There are plenty of British plums around, from burgundy-coloured Victorias to miniature greengages. Either can be used for this dish, or try using a mixture. Cob nuts are specific to Kent but you occasionally see them (as well as filberts) outside the area – otherwise you could always use hazelnuts.

8 Victoria plums or about 16 greengages
6tbsp caster sugar
4 spoonfuls of clotted cream, to serve

For the topping

4tbsp oats
2tbsp flour
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
40g hard butter, chopped into small pieces
24-30 cob nuts, shelled and roughly chopped

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. First make the topping: put the flour, brown sugar and butter into a bowl and rub together with your fingers to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Mix in the oats and cob nuts and spread out on a baking tray. Place the plums on another baking tray; scatter with the caster sugar. Place the plums and topping in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the plums have softened and lightly coloured and the topping is golden; you may need to remove the topping before the plums. Leave the plums to cool a little then transfer them to a large or individual serving plates; spoon over the cooking juices. Scatter over the cob nut topping and serve the cream on top or separately.

Latest posts