Hot Angus Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

goodbeef

Reaction score
I Know the sale season is just begining, but what are the hot angus genetics selling ? I'm not asking the best, because i dislike many of the hot bulls right now. I just want to know what people are seeing. Personally, i see alot of In Focus, Objective, 004, and Total bulls, and i dont really like any of them. I wont go into details because this may get alittle long. If we start talking about what is wrong with the hot bulls today i will jump back in.

Kinda off topic But I don't like them to well myself what bulls are you using

Try some OCC or Jauer genetics. Maybe jsut maybe this bull. 13560373

Old school at its best.

i do use some occ genetics,well ive used some sons of emblazon, and have seen some good Jauer bulls. There are also some very good, current Alliance sons. Everyone wants to talk about efficiency, but alot of the popular bulls -10 $en. When i look at bulls i look for, moderate mature size, maternal ability, growth, and then carcass. Carcass is important but it doesnt mean anything if his daughters dont breed and his sons dont grow!

For what its worth coming from a Shorthorn breeder I saw an OCC Legend calf a couple of weeks ago that was probably one of the best bull calves phenotypically I have ever seen in any breed.

Scotty":2pvnos9i said:

Old school at its best.

Scotty I have been on the Ohlde kick for a few years now so far very pleased. Today I just had the first occ paxton heifer calve to enchelon and it's a heifer :banana:

I like the wye bull of taylors and he may just the thing to fix someones 7 frame donor :lol:

EAT BEEF":1s7yc6de said:
Scotty":1s7yc6de said:

Old school at its best.

Scotty I have been on the Ohlde kick for a few years now so far very pleased. Today I just had the first occ paxton heifer calve to enchelon and it's a heifer :banana:

I like the wye bull of taylors and he may just the thing to fix someones 7 frame donor :lol:

I just read this agine and thought it sounded kind of rude or cocky not what I intended I just get over excited sometimes