Horton Angus Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Sale will 10am, Monday, September 24, 2007 at Wichita Livestock Sales, Wichita Falls, TX. Selling 550 head. Most of the animals trace back to DHD, Rolling Rock and PAPA breeding.

Do you sell in lots or single's :?:
Also, If we can't get a good show coat, my kids can't make sale. Is this possible with your animals? We keep them in a cooler barn fom April to August.
Also, what do you think average price will be? Just a good estimate from your previous sales will do.

show steer up":14gh2k72 said:
Do you sell in lots or single's :?:
Also, If we can't get a good show coat, my kids can't make sale. Is this possible with your animals? We keep them in a cooler barn fom April to August.
Also, what do you think average price will be? Just a good estimate from your previous sales will do.

It's not my sale, but they'll sell as "lots". A "lot" could be a bred cow, a pair, open heifer, bred heifer, split pair....

This isn't a show herd, so hair isn't really an important factor. As far as I know, Horton never had a production sale and this is a dispersal sale, so I don't have any idea about prices. I do know there are going to be a lot of Angus cattle sold in southern OK and north Texas in the next couple of months, so I'd expect to see some bargains sold later in the sale. But it's a cow sale. Who knows?

The cattle weren't in the best condition and the prices were a touch under what other Angus sales I've been to lately have brought. It wasn't a matter of just not having cattle on feed. It's not exactly rocket science to keep cattle in good condition in Texas this year.

On another note...

They ran out of sale orders by the time the sale started. That would be understandable if it was a standing room only type thing but there were still empty seats.

We were double billed on a heifer and it wasn't caught until I had already paid and went to check the cattle. I didn't realize I was double billed when I paid because of the next issue...

We bought seven heifers, there were eight in our pen. I reported it and the eighth was a heifer that was supposed to be on a pot belly load that had left a couple hours earlier. It doesn't impact me but I'd be ticked if I were the other guy.

We were charged full mileage on shipping for a split load. I wouldn't mind getting in on the shipping game if I could charge three people for the same load. Perhaps this is common practice and we've just had generous truckers before.

I'm fed up with auctioneers calling heifers "Future Direction" daughters when they are really CA Future Direction 5321 grand daughters out of herd bulls with "Future Direction" in their name.

[end rant]

Latest posts