Horse chiropractic care

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I've got a little horse with a sore back. I can personally feel that he has vertabrae out of alignment. Atleast three. I had a guy come work on him Thursday. He's coming back next Thursday. I couldn't swear that he is any better. Has anyone had any luck with horse chiropractors. This only my second use of them. The last one the horse was to old to help, or atleast I thought it was.

I believe in it for horses. I've had horses that won't take a lead and chiropractic adjustment has fixed the problems.
Sometimes when they have been out of alignment for a while, it takes some work to get the horse back in shape. Sometimes, it may take a couple of days for the soreness to disappear. Just like a person needing multiple treatments.
Our second oldest daughter took a course and does our horses.

It has worked for my wife on more than one horse.
She trains professionally and occasionally gets a few that just cant figure out bucking isnt fun.

An adjustment or two and they start acting normal.

This horse is sore to the touch over the vertabrae. He makes two small kick ups in the back when you transition to a lope.

That exactly what my horse was doing when he had a sticky stifle
He couldn't extent his leg without it locking out so when he started to lope he would hop for a couple steps
Just something else to consider.

One of our mares had a stifle problem also. She wouldn't lope willingly on her right lead and couldn't hold the lead. She had a problem with the actual joint. I put her on a joint supplement for a year and she is no longer ridden. I had the joint injected, but it was a temporary fix.

On the other hand, my mare Chippie will act p!ssy sometimes about loping. Usually, she has a hip and neck out.

Massage can be enormous benefit too. It compliments the chiropractic work by working out the tense muscles caused by the misalignment.

Good luck with your horse. I hope that he get relief soon.

ETA: Is the horse stalled? My daughter's mare got cast in a stall and fractured two of her vertebrae.

He's out on grass. His vertabrae still felt out this morning. As soon as the guy worked on him Thursday they were visibly lower, but some swelling down both sides. I have been rubbing beagleoil on the swelling. He is tender there, and they feel "out" again. Maybe a few sessions with this guy will fix him. It's my daughters barrel/pole horse. She's only 8. Tough on her for right now. She is more worried about him than missing running him. I have a backup horse for her. It's a tick or two faster, but not a joy to ride.

I'm stuck up in Eastern Ky all week T.C.B. as Elvis would say. The chiropractor stopped by tonight to readjust. He said all the swelling was gone, and very little adjustment was needed. He said to only call him back if he acts sore again, and start back running him.

My daughter had a horse that occasionally needed adjusting. Within a day , the complaints would be gone. It happened a couple of times but wasn't a problem. I just gave up my 30 year license. I also just sent a video I got when I went to the training to my sister to help her with her Rotty. She had a chiro come out to treat her baby. Fix him right up. Now she will likely be able to do it herself.

I've treated horses, cows and numerous dogs.

Bigfoot,

Glad to hear that your horse is doing better after the adjustment. I've used that therapy in the past and had good results. I've also used hydra therapy and been impressed with it. There used to be a woman who had a special trailer made up with a therapy chamber built in it. All the local barrel racers used her and had good results.

Kyle

I have actually been keeping this horse adjusted since this incident. I think its the way to go.

Latest posts