Horns

Help Support CattleToday:

Square tires? :D

Yup they do exist! But only at certain times of the year.

When the weather gets really cold - and you have let your vehicle sit for a long period of time - ie: overnight - the bottom of the tire takes on a flat / less round shape. And it holds it for a short period of time.

When you drive down the road, the flat (ish) area takes some time to work out - and you get a bumpy ride. This is especially true on the heavier ply truck tires. But I find it quite noticeable on my car as well.

And as you start driving away - you go bumpety bumpety bump for a couple of miles before they "limber up" and become more flexible.

CattleAnnie and frenchie are in a perfect place to get square tires - as are many other prairie types.

Bet there's lots of Canucks - if not all - on this board that know what a square tire is.

Best regards

Bez

Geez.. all this talk has made me that much happier that I moved from northern Illinois to Texas! I remember "Square tires"!!!! :x

When I was a boy in the milking pit I can remember how warm the manure felt on the cold mornings... of course the gross out, smell and garden hose always was just as bad. For a second the warmth was a positive moment.

Please no cracks about being full of it... just a cold morning story, like the feed truck finally warming up in the cab only to have the flies start dropping on you.

Alan

I hear you, Alan.

The only plus side to pulling a calf in cold weather is that the cow is a nice handwarmer when you're fiddling with the chains and the feet of the calf. ;-)

Downside is that wet hands freeze quickly when you're down to the pulling.

Take care.

Latest posts