hog wallows in your pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

kfacres":11yvhc3o said:
That's odd- since the only expense my parent's had- was getting down there, and actually they didn't even pay that... Those guys just returned a favor- said come on down, we'll give you guns, ammo, knives, take you around, and you just bring yourselves and clothes...

I do agree though that the hogs do plenty of damage-- but without people wanting to get rid of them-- they'll only get worse... Sitting on your PC all day long and complaining about the hogs won't get you anywhere quicker or closer to fixing the problem.

It is quite evident you don't know cow shyt from wild honey when it come's to hog's.
Lot of us don't live in the city, when you can walk out the door and there is sixty miles of thicket in any direction.
Come on down I will point you in the right direction after about two hour's in the Big Thicket you will be crying like a school girl for someone to come get you. I will even give you directions to catch some lizards on your eradication expedition.

kfacres":1cp5ok0t said:
so lets hear it then.. what are you doing to balance the plauge?

Your ignorance is shining through.
Anyone that has dealt with feral hog's will tell you get up in the morning and your hayfield has been carpet bombed.
The hog's are gone ten miles to the south or north, may be back in a week maybe a month or tomorrow night.
You can't spotlight them as a hog's eye's don't shine. There is no approved poison you can use for them.
As far as trapping don't kid yourself that you can trap them out they are to smart. If one has ever been trapped and released it will never be trapped again. Now you can break out the hog dogs if there are 25 in the pack they break in 25 different directions and you will get one. In the process they have tore up all your fence's as well as the neighbor's leaving the country. They are almost exclusively nocturnal. Baiting an area and setting up a triangular crossfire is pretty effective in taking out a pack. Creosote and Clay pigeons work but are illegal. You had better have a good relationship with the local game warden when you say you are trying spotlight and shine a hogs eye you are fixing to take a ride. From Texas Parks and Wildlife website:
Artificial light of any form that casts or reflects a beam of light onto or otherwise illuminates a game animal or bird may not be used as an aid to hunt.
Hog's are not game animals you have to prove you are not hunting a game animal, old saying you might beat the rap not the ride. Bout all you can do is shoot everyone you see and put enough pressure on your place so they avoid it, your neighbor will greatly appreciate this. A super hot fence is about the best deterrent, until someone turn's a pack of hog dog's loose and a 400 pound boar bust through fence making it look like an explosion in a steel wool factory.
http://www.texaswildhogrelief.com/accidents.html

Latest posts