hog hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2ts4zd17 said:
Hogs love the taste of corn soaked in diesel, also keeps the deer, coons and crows out of your bait.
I reckon if the hogs aren't going to be on the highway you can use ''Off Road" diesel? :D

J. T.":dtmd2yn7 said:
Caustic Burno":dtmd2yn7 said:
Hogs love the taste of corn soaked in diesel, also keeps the deer, coons and crows out of your bait.
I reckon if the hogs aren't going to be on the highway you can use ''Off Road" diesel? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thought. That High Sulfur diesel might keep parasites away too.

Friday we decided to put the hurt on some hogs after seeing a bunch in the field. With deer season out, we decided to let the dogs out.

Bugle Boy was ready and attentive.

IMG_0573.jpg

Found some fresh signs and set three strings on them. Here is a few youngsters going at it.

IMG_0571.jpg

First kill of the morning and first pig my buddy from SC had ever shot.

IMG_0560.jpg

Another kill by this fine young man.

IMG_0555.jpg

Then the fun began as we prepared to clean em.

goodhog-1.jpg

Ended up killing six, blooding 2 and catching 3. I think most present will say the highlight of the day was me catching a dog caught pig by clubbing him with my gun then puttn the "full nelson on him." Broke the stock of my gun but didn't want to hurt a dog. I don't know what was scarier, the biting dogs or the snapping pig.

Don't know how many pounds of meat we put up but its definitely looking like we are going to have to have another bonfire and barbeque shortly. Specially, since its on for tomorrow morning as well. Hope to get rid of all of them before planting begins.

Latest posts