Hills new Commerical herd

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill Creek Farm

Reaction score
Dear Cattle Board members, I have just purchased two new bulls, Limos, two Chars, and 15 blonde bred heifers. Also, I have purchased 33 Black angus cows from New York. The two limos are coming from Tennessee, chars are coming from KY, and the 15 blondes are coming from KS. I am really getting excited about my new start. Also, looking at another 53 bred heifers from the midwest with Bushwacker and Connealy Lead On bloolines. Take care everyone. Gots a lot of work to do before to long! I have a crew coming in to build more fence and build some new corrals. The place is going to look like a million bucks. Also, installing a big time feedlot that will have enough capacity told hold up to 600 feeder calves. I have it all laid out on paper and now I am ready to start building my new cowherd. It has taken a few months, but I have done some research and a lot of pricing and ready to put this puzzle together. I think I am going to hire a few cow hands. Happy Holidays!

Got it all planned out on paper huh? Well, in the cattle business, I could swear papers lie, because nothing ever comes out quite the way I plan it to when I first write it down on paper

Neither did mine, till aftet two packs of 150 count notebook paper and two pens. I finally got down what I wanted to do and now I am doing it. This is my lifestyle and this is how I want to live the rest of my life.

NamVet_Farmer44":3713pcte said:
Got it all planned out on paper huh? Well, in the cattle business, I could swear papers lie, because nothing ever comes out quite the way I plan it to when I first write it down on paper
NamVet, where are you located in VA? What type of cattle do you run? Take care and keep in touch. Maybe you can come over and learn how to drive nails into boards when were building the corral and also maybe you can come over and learn realy quick how to build fence? Com on, this work isn't that hard?

Hill Creek Farm":1gubzzfp said:
NamVet_Farmer44":1gubzzfp said:
NamVet, where are you located in VA? What type of cattle do you run? Take care and keep in touch. Maybe you can come over and learn how to drive nails into boards when were building the corral and also maybe you can come over and learn realy quick how to build fence? Com on, this work isn't that hard?

I'm heritage_farmboy...don't know if you remember me from that username or not, i'm out in Highland County, and I run mostly horned herfs...and no thanks with the driving nails and building fence at your place, got enough of that to do my own self...if you need some help with that...I'm sure MikeC and la4angus could give you a price estimate on what it'd cost for their labor :lol:

NamVet_Farmer44":140wbguj said:
Hill Creek Farm":140wbguj said:
NamVet_Farmer44":140wbguj said:

I'm heritage_farmboy...don't know if you remember me from that username or not, i'm out in Highland County, and I run mostly horned herfs...and no thanks with the driving nails and building fence at your place, got enough of that to do my own self...if you need some help with that...I'm sure MikeC and la4angus could give you a price estimate on what it'd cost for their labor :lol:
There labor is out the roof, believe me. They really must want some of my money for some reason. They are good guys and they give me something to laugh about.

Hill Creek Farm":29atdatl said:
Dear Cattle Board members, I have just purchased two new bulls, Limos, two Chars, and 15 blonde bred heifers. Also, I have purchased 33 Black angus cows from New York. The two limos are coming from Tennessee, chars are coming from KY,

So --

2 Limo bulls (New York) + 2 Chars (Kentucky) = 4

I wish I could pencil whip my operation like you do Hill?

Take Care

Once honesty and credibility are gone, it don't come back.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Captain has lit the "fasten your seatbelts" sign.

Crowderfarms":1y1d4lqk said:
Once honesty and credibility are gone, it don't come back.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Captain has lit the "fasten your seatbelts" sign.

Everyone hold on the bull is in the creep feeder again. :shock:

KMacGinley":fqnreurs said:
I have to ask... Hill What about the 15 registered angus cows/heifers you bought two or 3 weeks ago?
I still have them, they are more commerical cattle than anything. They aren't your donor type cows, but pretty good milking cows that so far have raised good calves.

Latest posts