Highland bull, what do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

They have a very good LMY, low back fat-lean meat, and the flavor profile of the meat is different than most. They say it's just like Galloway beef, and the Galloway we've tried was the best meat we've ever eaten. It melts in your mouth. It really is different than any other beef I've tried.

BAGTIC":3nd8mwvu said:
I understand that there were originally polled Highlands as well as horned ones. I have thought about crossing some Highlands with the other Scottish range breed the Galloway to get rid of the horns in order to make them easier to handle and transport.

Has anyone heard of this cross?

Just a bit outside London Ontario there is a guy doing the same as I am but with a Highland Galloway cross instead of the Highland x Welsh Black. I will pm you his Ph.#.
I have never heard of polled Highlands. Only polled Highland crosses. If you plan to sell at your local sale barn you will still what to do one of two things. Use a thin haired terminal sire on your Galloway x Highland cows or sell your calves in the dead of summer. I can not say enough about the low imput, hardy, Highland cross cow.

Latest posts