High -Tech Horse Theft Ring

Help Support CattleToday:

rhonda

Reaction score
Please beware of buying a horse from 903 area code. There is a lady selling horses as kid horses ,some arent even broke. She uses alias names ,and cities . All are in East Texas. She has several alias ranch names. Kids and adults are getting hurt. She is doing this all over the states. One lady that had purchased supposely two kid horses. When they arrived nothing was close to being kid horses. She tracked down the orignal owners ,one had recently taken his horse to a auction because the horse tried to stomp his calves, stomp his dog and even stomp his wife. REMEMBER SHE SOLD THIS HORSE AS A KID HORSE. The other horse was just a pasture orniment. Never been broke. She tells lies after lies. She needs to be stopped . If you have been a victim of this lady please email me or call 1-800-678-2660. She uses phone numbers 903-742-9942 903-562-0777 903-562-1599

Why are people buying horses they have not tried out especially a kids horse. When I go to buy a horse I want to see the person go catch the horse, saddle the horse, and they can ride it and then I will ride it. If it is everything they say they should have no problem with this and if it is a kids horse I want to see a kid ride it. Mabe I am different but I will not buy a horse sight unseen or untried.

Somthing fishy about this post---- Nobody buys a horse without rideing it

There is people that do trust others word. Like me for instance. I bought a horse from this crazy lady . This lady told me that I would have to sign a contract stating that if I sell this horse within five months she would buy her back. The mare I got also she told me had won a saddle in 4h . When the horse arrives no contract. This lady lied just about everything she had said. She is really good at what she does. They say she was ran out of Illinois for doing this same thing. She right now is under investigation , she has been reported to the FBI ,bbb , Texas Ranger and othe places. People that I have talked to that have bought these horses first got on the horse before putting there kids on it. She has a ad going right now on Freehorseads.com under ad number #119133. Go check out what all her horses do. I did learn a lesson the hard way ,and will try one out before I buy one.

Thats the only kind of horse that will bring any money, now days. Is a kid broke horse. All the others aren't worth feeding. The way the market is.

There are tons of people who buy without setting foot on the seller's property...that is why DreamHorse.com is so big! It's too bad when 1 bad apple ruins it for others. Thanks for the heads up!

I am sorry but I still don't understand buying a horse sight unseen. Couple of months ago we found a pair of weanling belgians 1500 miles from us so we took a road trip to see them before any money exchanged hands. Thank goodness it wasn't a waisted trip.

I am the same way. Will not buy a horse I have not seen in person or riden. Too many people out there trying to rip others off. It is a Buyer Beware market for anything you buy these days. Never pay for something you have not seen or riden.

Buying a horse sight unseen is like buying a cow sight unseen. Why would you?

Scammers could not scam unless someone else willing to shortchange the process or be greedy...

rhonda I hope you were not injuried finding out about the horse you bought.
There are always people out there selling horses that are not honest and we found 2 of them ourselves. I did find a third person, but found out that the horse was not worth having before buying. Walked away.
Always look at the horse you are buying. You got a hard lesson. Hope you have better luck in the future.

For those of you who question why anyone would buy a horse sight unseen, let's look at something.

What happens is this:

You find a horse that sounds absolutely wonderful, but it is miles and miles away. You try to see it, but the time factor never works out because the seller is very busy with her "showing". The seller agrees to ship it to you for a trial basis with a contract stating you have time to do a trial, vet check, etc. with the condition that the horse can be returned after a two week trial if it does not work out. There is supposedly a contract with every trial period. How can you go wrong with a signed contract, right??
Evidently, when the horse is found to be unsuitable, then people are rejected in their request for a refund. It is very difficult to do the whole lawsuit process, but some people have and have been successful. Some cannot afford the legal fees, so they feel the best they can do is to just get the word out.
I personally know she sold a horse that was unsound and a danger to children, but she felt she did not need to disclose that information.
If you read the comments on Dreamhorse.com Fraud section or ripoffreport.com, you may find out more information.
It is very interesting, but at the same time, very depressing.

I live in 903 area code and i have not heard of anything like that but i will look alittle closer in are local papers. Someone like that needs to be stoped. I am in the proccess of looking for a kid horse. Thanks for telling us!

I don't understand the "horse theft" angle here.

When a willing seller and a willing buyer (no matter how stupid) meet up, and come to terms agreeable to both, you have a sale. Horses are no different than vehicles or any other merchandise--they can be (and often are) misrepresented. The trick is to be smart enough to make an informed decision as to buy or not buy. Isn't a lot of this outrage misdirected? I, too, have made rash buying decisions, and I really get angry with myself over it. But, I tend to try to keep it quiet...

Like the man said, there's a fool born every minute.

Jim62":38xf9oc3 said:
I don't understand the "horse theft" angle here.

When a willing seller and a willing buyer (no matter how stupid) meet up, and come to terms agreeable to both, you have a sale. Horses are no different than vehicles or any other merchandise--they can be (and often are) misrepresented. The trick is to be smart enough to make an informed decision as to buy or not buy. Isn't a lot of this outrage misdirected? I, too, have made rash buying decisions, and I really get angry with myself over it. But, I tend to try to keep it quiet...

Like the man said, there's a fool born every minute.

Excellent post Jim. I think many of us have had the wool pulled over our eyes at least once in our life. Just don't tell anybody. ;-) Don't know of a single mistake I ever made that I didn't pay for it in some manner. I think they call that "gaining experience".

There is another victim that posted on Ripoffreport.com. Just type in "Wilson". This woman is evidently making a career out of scamming people. This has gone beyond 1-2 unhappy buyers. Besides, people do trials before purchasing all of the time, and usually it comes out clean. These don't. EVEN with a contract. You would think written contracts cannot go wrong, but sadly they do. Having a written out contract with a plan is not a "rash" decision. It is actually an educated decision, IMHO.

Subject should be "Horse Fraud". I agree you should ride and check out a horse personally. I too, learned this the hard way. I know exactly who we're talking about here and she's a con artist. You don't think it will happed to you, but she's good at what she does. She's been run out of some states already and hopefully, Texas will be next. It's not just one or two people, it's lots of people all over the United States. For the ones of you who say you would never buy a horse sight unseen, you have not dealt with this person.

polebender":1ehho9a3 said:
For those of you who question why anyone would buy a horse sight unseen, let's look at something.

What happens is this:

You find a horse that sounds absolutely wonderful, but it is miles and miles away. You try to see it, but the time factor never works out because the seller is very busy with her "showing". The seller agrees to ship it to you for a trial basis with a contract stating you have time to do a trial, vet check, etc. with the condition that the horse can be returned after a two week trial if it does not work out. There is supposedly a contract with every trial period. How can you go wrong with a signed contract, right??
Evidently, when the horse is found to be unsuitable, then people are rejected in their request for a refund. It is very difficult to do the whole lawsuit process, but some people have and have been successful. Some cannot afford the legal fees, so they feel the best they can do is to just get the word out.
I personally know she sold a horse that was unsound and a danger to children, but she felt she did not need to disclose that information.
If you read the comments on Dreamhorse.com Fraud section or ripoffreport.com, you may find out more information.
It is very interesting, but at the same time, very depressing.

This explanation does not fly with me. Sorry to be repetitious but, why on earth would anyone buy a horse they have not seen, or ridden - that just baffles me.

It really is not that uncommon for someone to buy a horse over the Internet without seeing it in person nor even riding it.

I have. I bought a filly in Kentucky and had her shipped to me in Texas. She was an unstarted 2 year old. I still have her 3 years later.

For me the option of flying to driving to Northern Kentucky was out of the question. I liked her looks and her bloodlines, so I bought her.

When you can't find what you want in your own backyard, you look elsewhere.

ETA: Also, even if you see the horse in person and ride it, does not guarantee that you will not get ripped off. Unscrupulous sellers will dope horses in a way that is undetectable to the eye and will last days. The only way to avoid buying a drugged horse is a pre-purchase exam which includes a drug screening.

Latest posts