HEY!! Look What I Bought Today!!

Help Support CattleToday:

angie1

Reaction score
Was abvout to give up hope. Kept coming home empty :( . Today I go and look what I brought home!! :banana: Both are heifers.

This one ~ she is the smaller of the 2. Like all red heads (I think) full of sass!
I paid $95 for her.
redcalf.jpg

This one ~ very pretty color. She is hungry, sucked on my ear all the way home. I am naming her Joan. :nod:
Was $80.
browncalf.jpg

Looks like Angie stole a couple of dandies. Good job girl, they should make some nice cows for you some day.

And folks take a good look cuz that's probably as close as we are all gonna come to seeing a picture of Angie on Cattle Today

Wow ~ sorry guys was busy like crazy.
Thank you for the nice comments. :wave: I am very excited about them.
Their story? I don't know. All I know is they came from the same farm. They are not splits.
I hope to raise to breed, but is too soon to decide yet.

You say she was sucking on your ear on the way home???
What did you haul then in? A car?

Are you sure you bought them or maybe you just stole them at that price. I think when my grandpa sells them at that size he usually gets 150-200 on them. Great deal and great find. You should be able to pull off a profit on those suckers.

way to go ANGIE!!!! those are a couple of good looking calves and ya stole em too!!! they are beautiful and I bet grow up just fine at your house!! and umm yeah did you bring them home in the car??? were you practicing for that trip to OKC and helping me get one in the van with the 14 dogs and car top carrier? :shock:

alabama":33oezycx said:
Ah ~ :oops: . I don't suppose you would believe me if I said I rode in the bed of the truck with them? Had not realized I would be telling on myself when I wrote that. They rode in the back seat of the truck. I cannot load the calf box into the back by myself so I had no choice. Anyhow....

I got there early and went to watch the calves in the pens. I singled out these 2, then watched them for awhile to make sure they looked healthy and alert. After about 20 minutes I wrote down their numbers and said to myself "I will pay no more than $150". I did not think I would get either of them. I walked out of there with both for $175!! The milk replacer was $68 for 50 lbs :( .

Again ~ thanks for the comments!!
I am pleased as well.

Wow angie!!! a couple of poppin good calves . Hey you think you can gather up a 120 of those and send em to Ohio ? Good job .

Larry

angie":2aygvb6z said:
alabama":2aygvb6z said:
Ah ~ :oops: . I don't suppose you would believe me if I said I rode in the bed of the truck with them? Had not realized I would be telling on myself when I wrote that. They rode in the back seat of the truck. I cannot load the calf box into the back by myself so I had no choice. Anyhow....

I got there early and went to watch the calves in the pens. I singled out these 2, then watched them for awhile to make sure they looked healthy and alert. After about 20 minutes I wrote down their numbers and said to myself "I will pay no more than $150". I did not think I would get either of them. I walked out of there with both for $175!! The milk replacer was $68 for 50 lbs :( .

Again ~ thanks for the comments!!
I am pleased as well.

Probably wont cost over 50 bucks to get the truck cleaned inside. :???:

3waycross":24lpd39k said:
Looks like Angie stole a couple of dandies. Good job girl, they should make some nice cows for you some day.

And folks take a good look cuz that's probably as close as we are all gonna come to seeing a picture of Angie on Cattle Today

I bet shes a red head!

[

And folks take a good look cuz that's probably as close as we are all gonna come to seeing a picture of Angie on Cattle Today[/quote]

I bet shes a red head![/quote]

Yer on!!! I say blond! Course we'll never know. She's kinda reclusive, like that wilson guy on home improvement only on Angie you just get to see the bottom half. Which come to think of it ain't that bad

You put them in the back of your truck? You are crazy Angie thats what the bed is for. Tie them up and it would have all been fine. Whats the back of your truck look like now?

3waycross":lxnx1xbi said:
[

I bet shes a red head![/quote]

Yer on!!! I say blond! Course we'll never know. She's kinda reclusive, like that wilson guy on home improvement only on Angie you just get to see the bottom half. Which come to think of it ain't that bad
[/quote]

The picture might have been cut at the shoulders due to calf hickey. :pretty: :lol2: