Hey folks it might be time to ease off a bit

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
So far today, four locked threads and a deleted thread. Macon has a new box of locks and is telling CT members something.

I missed the deleted one.

Alan, I understand what you're saying. Right now lots of folks a bit riled up and understandably so. I know, because I'm one of them.

I'm doing my best to keep out of trouble here at CT....afterall, there have been enough "technical" issues here to keep Macon busy and I don't want to add my "ticked-off" issues to the fray. LOL

Katherine

edit---I found the other 2 locked threads.

I agree! The situation needs to be put into perspective! I saw where one member said the country is more polarized now than any time since the civil war. What a crock. I remember it was way more polarized in the late 1960's because of Viet Nam and the forced integration in the South due to the Civil Rights Act of 1965. I don't see any polarization around here now. In 1968 RFK and MLK were assassinated, that alone is vastly more significant than what's going on now.

You can go in any store that sells guns and ammo and find whatever you want and not stand in line. Look how many gun threads are going on several of the boards. There's just an inordinate number of obsessive and paranoid gun nuts on CT. They're in a panic about nothing. The NRA and gun and ammo makers are in cahoots to feed the panic to increase sales. There will be very little if any change in gun laws in any of our lifetimes. I forget who but some moron even suggested the army would mount a coup and overthrow Obama!!! Good grief, what insanity.

Coco Donatella":2y69x34d said:
I agree! The situation needs to be put into perspective! I saw where one member said the country is more polarized now than any time since the civil war. What a crock. I remember it was way more polarized in the late 1960's because of Viet Nam and the forced integration in the South due to the Civil Rights Act of 1965. I don't see any polarization around here now. In 1968 RFK and MLK were assassinated, that alone is vastly more significant than what's going on now. You should have quit right here.

You can go in any store that sells guns and ammo and find whatever you want and not stand in line. Look how many gun threads are going on several of the boards. There's just an inordinate number of obsessive and paranoid gun nuts on CT. They're in a panic about nothing. The NRA and gun and ammo makers are in cahoots to feed the panic to increase sales. There will be very little if any change in gun laws in any of our lifetimes. I forget who but some moron even suggested the army would mount a coup and overthrow Obama!!! Good grief, what insanity.

Your naievete knows no bounds. BTW what does this have to do with cattle. Alan post a thread in good faith to try to quiet things down a bit and you come on here with this kind of inflamatory rhetoric. You not only don't let sleeping dogs lie you won't even let one catch his breath. You are as polorized as anyone and you just showed it.

and you are not tring to stir the pot of poop are you.

Thanks 3 way and yes I agree, Coco that type of post will do nothing but stir the pot and cause trouble. I've been as guilty as some posting about politics and gun control but it's easy to see we are getting a message ....... Go to Ranchers for politics.

I still miss my emoticons :(

People like that is the reason we have what we have today. Funny thing is I never put to and to together. One was a liberal and the other was a black panther go figure. Yep that's me a white, straight, gun toting, Christian.

Coco Donatella":38nj61iw said:
I agree! The situation needs to be put into perspective! I saw where one member said the country is more polarized now than any time since the civil war. What a crock. I remember it was way more polarized in the late 1960's because of Viet Nam and the forced integration in the South due to the Civil Rights Act of 1965. I don't see any polarization around here now. In 1968 RFK and MLK were assassinated, that alone is vastly more significant than what's going on now.

I have started a couple of the threads about gun control. I only posted links so people could see whats happening with the issue. I have in no way given my opinion good or bad. I hope nobody sees me as an obsessive and paraniod gun nut. Yes I have guns and will continue to have them for years to come I hope. I do not try to stir the pot but todays speach should show everyone that there could be changes in the gun laws in the near future. Anyone thinking not must have their head buried in the sand to not see it.

Coco Donatella":5rjn09rz said:

I guess I am one of the parnoid nut's.
Millions upon millions have died following the Pied Pipers of the world.
Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and Tojo were all great orator's.
Why do you thing the Big O is God and above the constitution he swore to protect.
I am not convinced to this day he is American or the election wasn't rigged.

Sorry Alan as cool as I could keep it.

Kookoo for Coco Puffs.....
or is it

Coco Puffs is kookoo...

typically it is the antigunners who want to stir up trouble and then accuse the pro gunners of what they did....

Sometimes they are just delusional. In 2008 I had a friend that I thought was pretty intelligent, other than being a obama man, tell me straight faced there was no ammo shortage, he could go in and buy anything he wanted. I had just been all over town trying to find
.22lr.....

Sometimes they are just delusional. In 2008 I had a friend that I thought was pretty intelligent, other than being a o-man, tell me straight faced there was no ammo shortage, he could go in and buy anything he wanted. I had just been all over town trying to find
.22lr.....

banguns.jpg

Kinda hard to avoid the topic when ya see it every time ya log on.
Just sayin..
[insert grin smily here]