Hesston/Agco 1008 gearbox

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Looking for a part number for the bearings that go on the bottom spur gear inside the gearbox. There was nothing left of them to get numbers off of. Looks like there are a few clips in there also. Can't seem to find a diagram online and it's an hour to the dealership that will probably rip me off on something I could get at Napa or Falders.

Did not see anything online, but parts books 4-sale. A neighbor has the same mower except it is a 1007, a shorter bar. The oil leaked out of their gear box and needed a complete rebuild a couple years ago. They are not cheap. On the bearings if you have them out they should be able to be matched up with measurements. I have close to the same mower except a different model, maybe older, and believe you me they are proud of the parts.

If you go to the dealer get them to print out a schematic if they will.

Looking for a part number for the bearings that go on the bottom spur gear inside the gearbox. There was nothing left of them to get numbers off of. Looks like there are a few clips in there also. Can't seem to find a diagram online and it's an hour to the dealership that will probably rip me off on something I could get at Napa or Falders.
Think it's 17798. There's a couple of serial # ranges so you may want to confirm.

Agco Parts Books. When you go into a book for a piece of equipment. Click the icon on uper left w/ arrow pointing down and the squares(pic) to get the category listing to come up.PXL_20210807_232820698.jpg

This is why I avoid AGCO equipment. They act like their part numbers are the code to a nuclear device.

Did not see anything online, but parts books 4-sale. A neighbor has the same mower except it is a 1007, a shorter bar. The oil leaked out of their gear box and needed a complete rebuild a couple years ago. They are not cheap. On the bearings if you have them out they should be able to be matched up with measurements. I have close to the same mower except a different model, maybe older, and believe you me they are proud of the parts.

If you go to the dealer get them to print out a schematic if they will.

So your saying you could snatch some part real cheap. 🤣 jk

Can't you just measure the shaft and the seat to give you the size Shell.

Ken

Thought about that but can't figure out the depth cause it's all gone. Can't figure out where it was seated at.

Thanks for all ya'll in put and help.

Think it's 17798. There's a couple of serial # ranges so you may want to confirm.

Agco Parts Books. When you go into a book for a piece of equipment. Click the icon on uper left w/ arrow pointing down and the squares(pic) to get the category listing to come up.View attachment 6904

Correct thank you.

Can't you take that Chevy over to the Industrial Bearing or Bearing Headquarters store and have them measure and find match. If they can mic the OD and ID they can probably fine you one at 80% off of AGCO!

Try looking it up on all parts store.com
You should've able to get part numbers and measurements to take to your local parts store .

Latest posts