He's here! No more baby waiting game!

Help Support CattleToday:

DrumRunner728

Reaction score
Found the cutest little surprise Sunday morning when I went to check on my mare. The sun was just coming up and I wasn't sure at first I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. Mom and baby are doing well, and the mare is an excellent mother!

100_0362.jpg

Golly! The legs on that little guy...they're as long as a country road!

Congrats! He's beautiful!

Alice

Thanks, Alice! Yes, he is a leggy little fella. It's interesting - we've been getting very leggy babies out of our Thoroughbred mare with the foundation QH stallion, but we were surprised at the legs on this one out of a QH mare. She does have a lot of Thoroughbred in her background though.

His mama and I had a lot of waiting on the baby discussion that she was making me a "scream machine" for barrel racing. This mare is definitely bred to do it. Maybe she was listening to me the whole time. ;-)

Here's mama.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/holy+duck

thats looks like one of the colts my troughobred mare had. she had hers this morning. she looks exactly like that

DrumRunner728":37qx01h6 said:
Thanks, Alice! Yes, he is a leggy little fella. It's interesting - we've been getting very leggy babies out of our Thoroughbred mare with the foundation QH stallion, but we were surprised at the legs on this one out of a QH mare. She does have a lot of Thoroughbred in her background though.

His mama and I had a lot of waiting on the baby discussion that she was making me a "scream machine" for barrel racing. This mare is definitely bred to do it. Maybe she was listening to me the whole time. ;-)

Here's mama.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/holy+duck

There is a lot of thoroughbred there! He's gonna be fun to watch for awhile. I love to watch them waggle those front legs out and out and out to try to get to something on the ground. :D

Alice

Latest posts