Yeah, baby !!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

I loved the theme -- totally whacked out theme for an equine competition. That's still a more refined pony than I've ever sat, and that guy has a better seat in the saddle then I ever did. Was never a competitor -- just learned to ride by the seat of my pants, and certainly not with handle-bars!

It's a good show for sure but the horse is the weak point. If the show is about horses this one has a ways to go to get ready to work a cow.

cow pollinater":29rquprx said:
It's a good show for sure but the horse is the weak point. If the show is about horses this one has a ways to go to get ready to work a cow.
It was a reining class, I think -- not a working class. I understand what you're saying, CP.

yes, it is reining class. I noticed that the reins were tied to the handle bars and that is how he "steered" his horse.

This freestyle reining is a favorite of mine. It is done bridleless. No neck rope either. The routine fits the music.

http://youtu.be/tD3YnfA-zwY

I rode against this guy several years ago, and I lost bigtime. If you liked the video you should catch them live. He didn't use reins and went alot faster. The horse is an Arab, and the rider is a phenom. I believe he is a natioal champion now. Thanks for the video. I loved them before and now.

Hadn't looked back at this for awhile. Thanks Jinglebobbie, and welcome aboard. I really do not like the peanut-roller head sets that are popular now -- ain't normal. But, regardless, this is pretty cool horse and rider team work.

I didn't watch that second video when this thread was fresh for some reason. I'm glad the new guy brought it bttt.