Herford bull looks strange

Help Support CattleToday:

KANSAS

Reaction score
There is a bull on the Lonker Hereford website that looks absurd. Has anyone seen this animal in person? There is no way this isnt just a bad picture. Would post the pic or the link if I knew how.

LH Silver 0115 is the name of the bull. It is the last bull on the sires page.

KANSAS":10e2m5mf said:
There is a bull on the Lonker Hereford website that looks absurd. Has anyone seen this animal in person? There is no way this isnt just a bad picture. Would post the pic or the link if I knew how.

I think he just caught wind of some girls in the next pasture.
silver_0115_lg.jpg

Chris H":1jsmvwp3 said:
KANSAS":1jsmvwp3 said:

I think he just caught wind of some girls in the next pasture.
silver_0115_lg.jpg
they have the bull setup an standing like he would in the show ring.thats why the picture looks so weird.he looks like the old type hereford bulls to me/one heck of a nice muscled bull.

Extension and length can be good qualities as long as you don't sacrifice thickness and depth to get it.

Not a good picture, I think it makes the bull look "wild".

But the bull's sire has produced some females that are among the GREATEST producing females that I've seen. And they chose this bull to "replace" him in their herd.

If BW isn't a concern, using this bull's sire would give you a nice group of heifers to build a herd - and his bull calves that I've seen in person are impressive as well.

George

I fail to see the muscle in that bull. He looks like he's been working, but a well-muscled bull should still show more round into the hock than that. He's not bad, but not great.

Latest posts