Here's what we've come to

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":3pdcakev said:
Wife locks our house every time the sun goes down. She's afraid I'll r-u-n-n-o-f-t..
Maybe she's hoping you'll be outside when she does it

I see both sides of the coin on this to some extent. Where I work, we do not allow anyone to leave any animal in their vehicle any time of year. Because of our extreme weather, and people staying in our building for hours on end, we had to draw the line somewhere. To take out the subjective nature of the matter, we just don't allow it period. That way, their is no arguing with people, no babysitting other people's animals, not dealing with people complaining about us not doing anything to help the pet, just leave the animal at home. If we find an animal in a vehicle, we locate the owner, and tell them to leave or they can argue with local law enforcement.

Alright, spent the afternoon with this fella. Story is even simpler than I thought. He parked his trailer, with a horse in the back saddled. Moved the dog from the bed to cab. Left the truck running, while he dropped something off. Got to talks by a little, but wasn't gone long. Came back, and bam. Whole shootin match is impounded at the clinic.

Is there an ordinance against leaving a running vehicle unattended?

True Grit Farms":2r2l7xbf said:
Bigfoot":2r2l7xbf said:
TexasBred":2r2l7xbf said:
For whatever it's worth I never take the keys out of either of my trucks unless I go to the big city.

I don't lock my house.

I don't know where the keys are for my house. But my guns and money are locked in a safe. You guy's are either really trusting or don't carry what I carry in my truck. I must live to be a slave to fear, because I have more ammo in my truck than most people own. Myself I believe some of the stuff I see on the news. And plan on living through a riot if I ever happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Grit I think it might be smarter and safer to leave your doors unlocked.
And quit telling everyone about all the treasure you run around with. :)

Bigfoot":1br5sl9y said:
dun":1br5sl9y said:
Is there an ordinance against leaving a running vehicle unattended?

Naw, there whole contention was the animals.

Were they afraid the dog was gonna drive the truck off without a drivers liscense?? :???: :???:
Sounds like a scam to me too. I would definitely make a big stink out of it.

Latest posts